200lbs with a goal of 155lbs

Options
Looking for accountability partnerships in what feels like s very long road.

Replies

• sarahliguori3563
    sarahliguori3563 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today I am focusing on water. I have 32oz down and plan on trying to get one gallon in. It is my rest day so no exercising today.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Focus on being consistent with CICO. You DON'T need to drink a gallon of water to lose weight. But you DO NEED to ensure your calorie deficit is consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I started pretty much where you are right now (90.7kg , when 200lbs are 90.718 kg). - About half a year later I am 14.3kg (31.53lbs) lighter. Yes, I am not yet at your (let alone my) goal weight, but I hope it gives you a bit of motivation that the scales can move if you stick to things.

And you know what? Seen from afterwards half a year does not feel very long, either.

--

Apart from staying hydrated (which is good for your health, but less important for weight loss), what steps have you taken so far?
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all.. Lisa W. Here and I too am looking for friends (over 200 lbs) for regular accountability and motivation. I am a 48 yr old mom who is stuck working from home and need to get it in gear! I had a good run last year before the holidays, lost 20 pounds and then gained 7 back over the past 2 months.
    Let's help each other do this! Please feel free to add me as a friend or PM me.

Restarting today!
    Highest weight: 242 (June 2020)
    Current/starting weight: 228
    Goal: 175
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I would love to motivate and have accountability partners.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I started (again) back in June at 204, and currently at 162 with a goal of 155 that I hope to reach by mid to late March or early April
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Looking for accountability partnerships in what feels like s very long road.

It can seem like a long road, and it is.. I've done it once (lost 50lbs) and now I am back to do it again because I slacked off, got lazy and gained ALL of the weight back. I am right around where you are as well - Currently 207lbs with a goal of 165lbs.

Feel free to add me!
  • sarahliguori3563
    Options
    It seems I have had to do this with every baby I birthed. Portion control and beer have been my weakness.
  • Eattig
    Eattig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m currently 195 with a goal weight in the 140’s always looking for friends with similar goals!
  • sarahliguori3563
    Options
    I can't figure out how to reply to individual comments? OK so here is a little backstory. We are a military family and we have 6 kiddos, one for almost every deployment lol. I have for the most part stayed quite healthy until baby #3 after that it just got more difficult to drop baby pounds. We homeschooled before it was cool and I always have access to the fridge for boredom snacks.

Currently my eating plan is to track everything and all our food is made from fresh, organic, whole foods. We try and locally source veggies or grow veggies, we hunt for most our meat and raise meat birds. Personally I do better on a vegan diet but it is a ton of work in the kitchen.

My goals are to drink a gallon of water a day for both hydration and it's a distraction to eating. Water also lets me know if I'm hungry or just bored. Second goal is no processed foods, we try to make everything from scratch. Lastly I'm in my personal gym 5 days a week doing a mix of HITT and weights.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    Options
    I can't figure out how to reply to individual comments? OK so here is a little backstory. We are a military family and we have 6 kiddos, one for almost every deployment lol. I have for the most part stayed quite healthy until baby #3 after that it just got more difficult to drop baby pounds. We homeschooled before it was cool and I always have access to the fridge for boredom snacks.

Currently my eating plan is to track everything and all our food is made from fresh, organic, whole foods. We try and locally source veggies or grow veggies, we hunt for most our meat and raise meat birds. Personally I do better on a vegan diet but it is a ton of work in the kitchen.

My goals are to drink a gallon of water a day for both hydration and it's a distraction to eating. Water also lets me know if I'm hungry or just bored. Second goal is no processed foods, we try to make everything from scratch. Lastly I'm in my personal gym 5 days a week doing a mix of HITT and weights.

click on "Quote on the bottom line of someone's message and it will pull up that comment for you to respond to.

You got this momma!!! I struggled after the birth of my 2 children as well. the 1st one was much easier but I was also much younger.

This sounds like a great plan!! we try to do minimal processed food in out house.. Usually a pasta sauce, frozen pizza or something like that. We eat lots of fruit and salads and chicken. My son complains that "we have chicken literally every day".. lol, we don't. But he is 13 and knows EVERYTHING!!
  • heather9986hg
    heather9986hg Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 220 trying to get back to 180 if I can
    I used to weigh 320 pounds got down to 180 but every now and then gain back to 200 :( ( I have hashimotos so not sure if that's why but I also get my meds bumped up at the same time)
  • sarahliguori3563
    Options
    Well hopefully we can encourage each other to keep up the hard work and healthy eating!
  • sarahliguori3563
    Options

click on "Quote on the bottom line of someone's message and it will pull up that comment for you to respond to.

You got this momma!!! I struggled after the birth of my 2 children as well. the 1st one was much easier but I was also much younger.

This sounds like a great plan!! we try to do minimal processed food in out house.. Usually a pasta sauce, frozen pizza or something like that. We eat lots of fruit and salads and chicken. My son complains that "we have chicken literally every day".. lol, we don't. But he is 13 and knows EVERYTHING!!

My kids fight me every step of the way but my friends say my food is restaurant quality. Kids just want junk and it can be very stressful around meal time.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    Options
    My kids fight me every step of the way but my friends say my food is restaurant quality. Kids just want junk and it can be very stressful around meal time.

Same girl.. some days are easier than others. Just count those wins and keep moving forward!!
  • jessarosemoyer
    jessarosemoyer Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 40 year old mom and started at 204 pounds on September 14th, 2020. I log everything I eat into this app and ride my stationary bike for 60-80 minutes 5-6 days a week. I just sit there and watch Netflix lol. I have lost 35 pounds so far. I am at 168 pounds right now with 18 more to go. I am so proud of myself BUT HAVE BEEN STUCK AT 168 FOR THREE WEEKS AND HAVE CHANGED NOTHING. What am I doing wrong? I feel discouraged. I feel so close yet so far away from my goal. 🥺
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @jessarosemoyer

Have you updated your calorie goals while losing weight, or are you still eating as you did in the beginning of your weight loss journey? The smaller you get the smaller the amount of calories you can eat and stay in deficit gets, too. (If your calories are already at 1200 that's the lowest MFP will let you go. It should be low enough to create some deficit, too, even if you were already in normal weight range.)

Are you weighing and accurately tracking all your food? Incorrect tracking can mean you are not in a deficit when you think you are (or at least at less of a deficit).

Also, congrats on the wright loss you have reached so far. You are very right to be proud of yourself.
  • RhondaB89
    RhondaB89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, started two weeks ago at 210lbs and my ultimate goal is 160lbs. For now I'm aiming for 190lbs, then every ten pounds after that. Small goals are easy to accomplish and makes you feel great when you finish them. Good luck!
  • sarahliguori3563
    Options
    Small goals are the way to go. I like making 5lb goals and buy myself a treat like workout pants or a water bottle. Something small and fairly inexpensive