what foods can eat fat?!?!

Options
so today i heard celery can actually make you burn more calories eating it than what the calories are..! I was wondering is there any other foods like that?! Things that can target belly fat.. etc! :) if you guys have any cool tips i would like to know! Thanks xoxo

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    magic beans
  • ambekat
    Options
    Yes! Oranges, apples, pears, all those do the same thing. Umm, tomatoes, I tell you what, look up the 17 day diet cycle 1, and you will find a whole list of those foods.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Um no foods eat fat... hate to tell you. Nor can you spot reduce and target belly fat.. doesn't work that way either.

A diet filled with lean protein, fruits, veggies and a good combo of cardio/weights is whats going to help you lose weight and trim up the belly area.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    cucumbers!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bump! My mom used to swear by grapefruit!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    LOL! Really, you're joking right?!

Please don't believe all that sensational nonsense....

Eat balanced and healthy natural foods, exercise right, have self control......you know what to do!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Negative calories is a complete myth. There is absolutely no food which takes more energy to digest than it contains, not even celery.

http://caloriecount.about.com/negative-calories-myth-explained-b349703
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    pacman- he ate all of those blobs on the computer. i'm sure that if we could somehow get a nanobot pacman to eat our fat then we would all be skinny!!! yay me for having such an awesome idea!
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    celery doesn't EAT fat, it's just so low-calorie (about 2 calories for a snack-sized stick) that the calories burned eating it are pretty close to the calories taken in. there are a LOT of low-calorie vegetables, so if you're looking for a very low-calorie snack rather than some magical fat-burning tool, i'd suggest you look at the link below :)

http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/calories-in-vegetables.html
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    A balanced diet which includes calcium from reduced-fat dairy produce can help you expel more fat than a diet where calcium is ingested in the form of a dietary supplement. Cottage cheese and yoghurt, semi-skimmed milk etc.

wait now... here comes the science bit...

http://www.nature.com/oby/journal/v12/n4/full/oby200467a.html

It doesn't eat away your fat, but it does bind the fat content of the dairy with other fats and this emulsion is not absobed during its transit through your digestive track and so goes out with your poo.:noway: :bigsmile:

I love reduced-fat cottage cheese and eat some kind of dairy every day. Probably also explains why the Dutch who love olie bollen, frikkandellen and fries with mayo help keep their trim waistlines... although they also cycle an awful lot too :laugh:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    What ever carnivorous animal you have eaten has eaten fat.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Broccoli,... Is one for sure. I think you are talking about negitive calorie foods , where it takes the body more caloires to digest the food then the food has calories.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Tapeworms!! :wink:
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    thanks everyone! i guess i shouldnt of said eat fat.. and for people who posted negative comments.. grow up. Why waste your time answering my question.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    FYI, the ONLY WAY to target belly fat is LIPOSUCTION!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    so today i heard celery can actually make you burn more calories eating it than what the calories are..! I was wondering is there any other foods like that?! Things that can target belly fat.. etc! :) if you guys have any cool tips i would like to know! Thanks xoxo

Anyway.... back to the question.

The simple answer would be; no it doesn't, and there aren't any.

No matter what you eat, your body 'spends' one calorie to digest 100 calories. Give or take a bit.

Sorry, no miracle foods.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone mention sugar. So, watching your sugar intake also can help with weight loss. Some people find that by keeping their carbs in a certain range helps too. I happen to be one of those people. I try to stay away from the processed stuff and refined sugar and keep my carbs and sugars coming from the good stuff. However, I cannot give up my pasta or breads, so now I just make sure I eat them in moderation, and I have yet to feel deprived.

So, my diet is a little higher in protein and fat than someone elses might be, but it works for me and I'm not talking about ginormous proportions. I combine that with exercise (both cardio & weights) and keeping my calories within my healthy range.

I did see that someone said that negative calorie foods are a complete myth and I'm glad she mentioned that. I'd also like it to be known that I'm not reccomending anything for anyone. I am, saying what happens to work for me. I happened to watch an interesting documentary and had my A Ha moment, and tweaked my diet accordingly. I am not doing, Atkins, South Beach, or Paleo. Just my whatever you want to call it.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Even if you were burning calories during digestion, MFP already takes into account calories burned to fuel your body (digestion included).
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I read in a magazine that avocados are quite good for reducing belly fat.