up your nose or in your mouth?

Options
:glasses: I knew you couldn't resist...lol How do you breath when you run? I do almost my whole run through my nose, if I'm getting super tired I'll breath in very deep though my nose and out my mouth then back to running

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Always mouth. I never breathe through my nose, I can't get enough air in, and having asthma getting enough air in is very important to me. I panic if I feel I can't breathe.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I start out with my nose but towards the end it's in the nose and out the mouth.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    for the most part mouth, between sinuses and allergies my nasal pasages are trashed, can't get enought air through them when exerting.
  • strmridr1959
    Options
    Back when I could run (bad discs in my back now, not good for me) I would breathe through my mouth. As my endurance went up and I had the stamina to run longer and farther, I was able to breathe through my nose. I think it comes down to how much stamina you have. If you're as out of shape as I was when I started running, you'll tend to breathe through your mouth. It does get better to where you can breathe through your nose, but it takes work.

These days I work out on a rowing machine. I miss running though.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Try to go in nose, out mouth but I catch myself doing both through the mouth.
    I try to correct it when I notice it and take slow deep breaths.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    In my nose, out my mouth :bigsmile:
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a liver hemangioma and the more I breath though my mouth the more it hurts so, I try and save it for the sprint for the end
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm a total mouth breather. :bigsmile:

I have tried to breathe in through nose, out through mouth and never have been able to. My nose generally starts running about thirty seconds into my run and it infringes on my breathing, so most of the time I don't bother. I did try taking a tissue with me and blowing to breathe through my nose, but that didn't really work, either.