Hello Everyone - I'm new! :)

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Elizabeth (Betsy for short). I'm new to this website. I do have another fitness blog on a different site, but on that site I don't track calories. I joined this site mainly to track calories and also to stay motivated to keep losing weight! I like to check up on how everyone is doing so if you need a weight loss buddy - let me know!

This summer my weight was up to 190 - yikes! :noway: - but in July I found a diet program I like. I have modified it a lot as in order to do it you need to pay for it - I am a broke college student so I just researched it online and made it work for me. Since doing the diet I've gone down to 175.5!:smile:

I really am excited about having another site and more people to help keep me accountable! :happy:

Replies

• sharanw
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job so far!
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far, which diet are you doing.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Betsy! I'm new here, too...and also a college student! I'm not doing any particular program, just watching what I eat and keeping track of everything. I'm trying to get my husband more motivated to join me in exercising, but that's not an easy task. Keep up the good work!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat with how high my weight got. Good for you, I hope to catch up soon! Good luck!!
  • bitsybetsy424
    bitsybetsy424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far, which diet are you doing.

Jellybean - I'm trying to follow the "Fat Loss 4 Idiot" plan....As I've said I don't have the money to get the actual program, but I've found tons of resources and blogs of people who are doing it. I've constructed a "Fat Loss 4 Betsy" plan and so far it's working. I am not as strict as I probably should be, but oh well! At least it's working and helping me be more aware of my eating habits.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!!! :happy: I will make sure to add all of you!
  • elimay59
    Options
    hello Betsy , really good job !!!!!! I need a WL buddy I was down to 204 a month or so ago, I was up to 218 yesterday:sad: I had WL surgery last summer which gave me a jump start, but I have messed around and will gain it all back if I dont get on tract ,so I redid my site started fresh and I am ready for my WL journey to continue :happy: My HW was 267 today I am at 216.5 today I actually was feel pretty slim even at 204 and I loved it ready to be my goal 160
  • bitsybetsy424
    Options
    Thanks! if you need a WL buddy, I can help! It's so nice to have people to keep you motivated...I have another diet journal on a different website and it really helps to know that people are reading how I'm doing; I don't want to disappoint them!

Keeping working at achieving your goal - you will get there!
  • acesauls
    Options
    Hi Betsy !!!! Welcome, I have been very happy with this website because there are always so many encouraging comments.
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy!! I love that you've modified a diet for yourself! That's fantastic! Good job with your weight loss already!

I wish you the best in your journey; hopefully we can be friends and help motivate each other!!
  • Jacquec24
    Jacquec24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy. I am new too. I need to keep myself motivated so I bought an iPad and told myself it would help me keep track of stuff on a site like this one. I was up to about 190 myself but have brought it down to 152. When I see a picture of myself, I see I still need to lose weight. So here I am. I would love to have a fitness buddy too. Let me know if you are interested.
  • Jacquec24
    Jacquec24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jacqueline i am new to the site but excited about finding a way to track my food and exercise. I am very new to blogs too so I hope I can keep engaged. I recently lost about 40 pounds but have put 10 of it back on. I have been chubby my whole life and really want to try to conquer this battle once and for all. I am about to turn 46!!!

I could use a fitness buddy if anyone is interested.

I also have a question about the exercise tab. They don't seem to list any DVD's. Just wondered about that.
  • bitsybetsy424
    Options
    Welcome Jacqueline! I'll send you a friend request! If you need a fitness buddy, I can help with that :smile: I know that there are tons of people on this site that will be a great help to you and help keep you motivated!
  • elimay59
    Options
    Thank you Betsy :bigsmile: have a great week !!!!!!!