Hey! I’m new 👋

Options
Hi everyone! I’m new here, just trying to get fit and lose the pandemic pounds I’ve accumulated and get fit again. Who else can relate? 😅 I never really had to try to be fit before, but here I am, looking down at my muffin top and wondering where the hell it came from.

I’m a total noob and the gym intimidates me. So I’m trying to do 5 day a week of something with a focus on yoga, running, hiking, and possibly self defense/martial arts (taking an intro class now). That in addition, of course, to a healthier diet. Mostly reducing carbs. If I’m doing this allwrong tell me because I’m winging it lol

Anyway, I’m looking for a support or accountability group where we can share progress and advice. Sometimes I need an extra push to get my lazy *kitten* out the door. Is there anything like that on this app? Or any recommendations where I can look to find one? I would prefer a smallish group where we can actually follow each other instead of a group of like a million, if that makes sense.

Anyway, thanks for the read ✌️

Replies

• Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Set a goal for each day and rock it. Next day set a goal for that day. One day at a time. Rock it.

You can ‘friend’ people on here and have a great group of supporting friends.
  • K_Calrissian26
    K_Calrissian26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I too am into hiking, yoga and really want to start running. I work out usually 4-5 times a week and am down 15lbs since December! Let's be friends. I usually weigh in Sunday mornings then set a weekly goal (drink a gallon of water for 5 days, work out 5 days, or something like a calorie goal for breakfast meals etc). My current accountabilty partner is a close friend who doesn't seem too dedicated and that's making me feel like I'm annoying her when I check in.

I tried to add you but I don't know how yet 😂
  • Paul_Ingy
    Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m new here, just trying to get fit and lose the pandemic pounds I’ve accumulated and get fit again. Who else can relate? 😅 I never really had to try to be fit before, but here I am, looking down at my muffin top and wondering where the hell it came from.

I’m a total noob and the gym intimidates me. So I’m trying to do 5 day a week of something with a focus on yoga, running, hiking, and possibly self defense/martial arts (taking an intro class now). That in addition, of course, to a healthier diet. Mostly reducing carbs. If I’m doing this allwrong tell me because I’m winging it lol

Anyway, I’m looking for a support or accountability group where we can share progress and advice. Sometimes I need an extra push to get my lazy *kitten* out the door. Is there anything like that on this app? Or any recommendations where I can look to find one? I would prefer a smallish group where we can actually follow each other instead of a group of like a million, if that makes sense.

Anyway, thanks for the read ✌️

Hey 👋
  • YogaHikeRunRepeat
    Options
    Hey! I too am into hiking, yoga and really want to start running. I work out usually 4-5 times a week and am down 15lbs since December! Let's be friends. I usually weigh in Sunday mornings then set a weekly goal (drink a gallon of water for 5 days, work out 5 days, or something like a calorie goal for breakfast meals etc). My current accountabilty partner is a close friend who doesn't seem too dedicated and that's making me feel like I'm annoying her when I check in.

I tried to add you but I don't know how yet 😂

Wow congrats girl! You are getting it 💪 let’s keep it going! think I added you back - still getting the hang of this!
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomer! If you are looking for friends send me an invite !