Water weight

Options
I'm 301 lbs, 2 lbs away from being in the 200's. I told my mother-in-law I lost 27 lbs in 6 weeks and she said "oh, you got rid of water weight". Really? 27 lbs of water weight? I'm pretty sure I lost the water my first week. I feel I'm doing something amazing with my body and she is not giving me credit. Sorry, but had to get it off my chest.

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    See your nice cause my responce would have been something like and when are you going to start getting rid of your waater weight hmmmm? lol good for you and she can go suck a lemon
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Stories like this are so frustrating! Let that comment roll off like water off a duck's back. You are doing great things! You know it, and she will too, as the "water" keeps coming off. Keep up the great work!
  • racerchick48
    racerchick48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't let her get you down! One thing I'm learning with this journey is that there are a LOT of people who won't be as supportive as you wish they would be, for a number of reasons. I just use them as fuel to keep my determination up! 27 lbs is awesome, and no, I'm sure it's not all water weight :noway: keep up the hard work!
  • srandle175
    Options
    Your doing a great job! Keep it up. Even if its just water weight which its not any weight loss is better than none. Keep working toward your goal you'll get there in no time.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sounds like somebody's jealous. 27 lbs in 6 weeks is a pretty big loss! I hope you continue to see success, even if it's not at such a fantastic rate. I'm sure it must be difficult to sustain that continuously.
  • mccgivens
    Options
    Don't concentrate on what other people say to you. Let's just say (for argument's sake), that all you lost was water weight, that is still fantastic. To lose almost 30 lbs in water is insane! Keep up the good work and for heaven's sake, stay positive. It's hard enough to fight this battle with all of the support in the word. Mush less, without someone making you feel "yucky".
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you're doing great and you just don't need to listen to negative people. You are on your way to being in the 200's - I was so happy when it happened for me and can't wait till I can change that first number again (but it's gonna be awhile, LOL!) Just keep believing in yourself - YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • quietcrush
    quietcrush Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh a little less than what you weigh now and it's true that when you are above a certain weight and first begin changing your eating habits, more weight will come off in the beginning and it will regulate after a while. Yes, you have lost a lot of water because at our weight, we carry a lot of water, which is why it comes off so quickly in the beginning. But it is weight even if it's water and not ALL of that is water! You have to get that off to get to the fat and by now you have definitely gotten into your fat. Lose more and she won't be able to say it's all water!
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you are doing something amazing. keep up your hard work and do it for you, not for someone else's approval.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    27 pounds is not water weight! You are doing great! Don't let her get to you.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Keep your chin up! YOU are doing a wonderful job and should be proud of yourself! I don't know why MIL's feel the need to say such nonsense to their DIL's...Shame on her for NOT THINKING!
    You do what makes you feel good, don't let anyone's silly words stop you!
    SMILE!
  • dampiera
    dampiera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone is jealous of your progress! Like others said, don't let her get you down. She doesn't know what she's talking about, no one has 27lbs of water weight LOL. The very idea is ludicrous.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Going by personal experience, never ever expect anything remotely helpful to come from the lips of your mother-in-law!
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    don't let her get you down; my own mother likes to tell me the same kinds of things. just let it roll off your shoulder, OR use it as motivation to keep going when you're working out! i like to pretend my mother and i are fighting when i work out (in my mind, of course), and it helps me forget what I'm doing and keep pushing through!!

Keep up the awesome work; you look great!
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    keep it going..a few pounds is water..it still counts on the scale! Don't involve negative people in your quest!!!! It only matters that you continue to put one-foot-in-front-of-the-other..MOVE!
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    See your nice cause my responce would have been something like and when are you going to start getting rid of your waater weight hmmmm? lol good for you and she can go suck a lemon

This. :drinker:
  • leilani♥
    Options
    27 lbs is a GREAT achievement... she is looney thinking water weight is as heavy as 27 lbs lol!! Maybe that's what she calls her fat.. water weight :)
  • leilani♥
    Options

I SAVED YOU!! :):heart:
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I SAVED YOU!! :):heart:

YAY! lol
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    you are doing something amazing. keep up your hard work and do it for you, not for someone else's approval.
    Bump! X