2 months and lost 1lb :(

Options
This is getting really hard.
I'm not kidding myself and secretly eating rubbish and not letting on, i exercise every weekday with a 30 minute swim and a bout 2 times a week i go to the gym for a goot cardio burn!!
I am always between 1100 - 1200 calories. I eat plenty fruit and veg, chicken and fish and maybe once a 2 weeks i'll treat myself to a scone or a slice of pizza.
I have cut out all my fizzy drinks and tea and stick to water or squash with no sugar.
i am on holiday in june and wanted to lose 2 stone. I started at 168lb and i'm not 167lb!!
Before all this i used to eat out about 3-4times a week, i would happily have eaten between 3000-4000 calories in a day, i did no exercise and i lived off full fat coke and sugary tea. I had AT LEAST 1 packet of crisps and a sweet a day. it was the hardest thing in the world giving them things up and its even harder finding the motivation to keep going. I mean i think to myself, least its a pound but that does not work anymore!!

HELP!!

Replies

• s115k119
    s115k119 Posts: 8
    Options
    This is getting really hard.
    I'm not kidding myself and secretly eating rubbish and not letting on, i exercise every weekday with a 30 minute swim and a bout 2 times a week i go to the gym for a goot cardio burn!!
    I am always between 1100 - 1200 calories. I eat plenty fruit and veg, chicken and fish and maybe once a 2 weeks i'll treat myself to a scone or a slice of pizza.
    I have cut out all my fizzy drinks and tea and stick to water or squash with no sugar.
    i am on holiday in june and wanted to lose 2 stone. I started at 168lb and i'm not 167lb!!
    Before all this i used to eat out about 3-4times a week, i would happily have eaten between 3000-4000 calories in a day, i did no exercise and i lived off full fat coke and sugary tea. I had AT LEAST 1 packet of crisps and a sweet a day. it was the hardest thing in the world giving them things up and its even harder finding the motivation to keep going. I mean i think to myself, least its a pound but that does not work anymore!!

HELP!!
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.

Try eating some or all of your exercise calories. It will help!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough.

Try eating some or all of your exercise calories. It will help!

yes... eat your excercise cals... it will help honestly!! :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    34 lbs to lose. I'm going to assume you aren't in the obese category.

With that said, take a long look at what you SHOULD be eating NET (after exercise).

1100 to 1200 is pretty low calories. I won't say whether it's enough or not cuz I don't know enough about your numbers to even have an opinion, but I will say, someone with a BMI under 30 is going to have a very very tough time if they try to lose a lot of weight per week (I.E. more then 1 lb per week)

so I would say, first and foremost, look at your goals, what are you trying to lose, and if it's unreasonable (not very many of us can sustain 2 lbs a week as a goal unless we have quite a bit to lose) maybe adjust it downward.
  • megancolleen
    Options
    Hi,

First stick with it! When you don't have that much to lose it takes longer to come off! I agree with everyone try eating your excersise calories and if that doesn't work consult with your doctor. Perhaps your thyroid is irregular. I don't know if money is short or perhaps your gym offers nutritional counseling. I went three times once free from my gym and paid fifty for the other two and she told me what to eat for my body! What food my body tends to hold onto. It was a huge reality check for myself! But stick to it because even though the scale doesn't show if you are making healthier lifestyle changes and that great :-)
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain..I've been at it now for 2 months and i've lost 2 pds...i was the same; ate fast food, no exercise, drank sweet tea, had a sweet every night before bed....then i started drinking water, exercising 3-4 times a week and strength training, eating healthy well balanced food...haven't had a french fry in months...but i will tell you this... get out the measuring tape...i have lost 21/2 inches in my waist, 11/2 inches in my hips and my clothes are way looser...i bet that is what is happening with you.. measure yourself and see if that isn't where the results lie...Stay with it eventually the pounds will have to start showing if the inches are.. think of it this way- we are desolving fat and building muscle therefore; we are going to be lean mean machines...cause when the weight loss along with the inches start showing our definition will show as well..and we will be FINE IN 09!! Dream of how you want to look and don't wake up from that dream! Keep keeping on!!!
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've been at this a while and I understand how frustrating it is not to see the scale move. I think the others are right, you really want to not go below 1200 calories. Also, at least for me, swimming doesn't make my heart rate go up to where it is a little difficult for me to speak (I've heard that this is when the body starts to really burn calories.) Maybe I don't swim fast enough :laugh: Anyway, what really helped me at first was taking a brisk walk for at least 40 minutes, every morning. Last week I dusted off my Taebo tapes and will have done five 45 minute work outs with them.

If you go for two weeks where you are doing a cardio work out five times a week and where you are sticking to your calorie goal and you haven't lost any weight, you might want to go see a doctor and have your hormone levels checked. I don't know how old you are but my younger sister was having a hard time loosing weight too and when she found out she had hypothyroidism, she started loosing the weight as soon as she went on proper medication. Hope this helps!:smile: