How many times do you workout?

Options
I try to work at least 3-5 times a week and I’m back to my healthy eating. It’s just taking forever to get back down to my goal weight. I know patience is a virtue but I think I’m going to increase my workouts and cardio💪💪

Replies

• gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I run at least 3 miles everyday. I work overnight so on my Monday I go to work without sleeping for almost 24 hours. If that day after work I'm tired I take it as my resting day.
    Twice a week I have a 2 hour long martial art class.
    When weather gets warmer I abandon my car and use only my bicycle (for work, gym and shopping).
    I quit weight lifting some years ago. It became too boring for me.
  • britishbombshell08
    britishbombshell08 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Focus on your diet. Weight loss is done in the kitchen, not the gym. Workouts are for fitness, primarily. It is very hard to work out long enough to burn significant calories. If you aren't losing weight at the rate you would expect, then you need to be very careful to weigh every bite you eat and make sure that the data entries you use are accurate.

Yes that’s true!! I’ve been back to healthy eating so the results are coming. Just slowly. With me, my body is weird, any minor carbs I eat and it reacts negatively so I’ve definitely cut down on those and doing more fruits, salad, salmon, and shrimp plus water of course
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    I find that I stick to my eating plan better if I'm working out nearly every day. I used to run and when I had a big run the next day, I made sure I didn't over indulge in food or drink.

So, no, weight loss doesn't happen at the gym, but for me it kept me accountable.

Yes I agree with that because when I workout and eat healthier I feel much lighter on my feet and more motivated
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    3-5 times a week.

but as another said, weight loss happens in the kitchen, not in the gym. I lost 3 pounds over the past 2 weeks and didn't workout once during that 2 week period (were crazy stupid weeks)

Great job 💪💪 thanks for the tips
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    gigius72 wrote: »
    I run at least 3 miles everyday. I work overnight so on my Monday I go to work without sleeping for almost 24 hours. If that day after work I'm tired I take it as my resting day.
    Twice a week I have a 2 hour long martial art class.
    When weather gets warmer I abandon my car and use only my bicycle (for work, gym and shopping).
    I quit weight lifting some years ago. It became too boring for me.

That’s still great!! Whatever works for you!! I do bike riding also💪💪
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I work out every day, and do 2 workouts Mon-thurs, Sat and Sunday.
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    I work out every day, and do 2 workouts Mon-thurs, Sat and Sunday.

Nice!! I’ve been increasing lately to 5 and then I rest on Saturday and Sunday. But I still do a lot of walking as cardio each day
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Everyday

Nice 👍 keep crushing it💪💪
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday. 1 bodypart a day (30 minutes for all body parts but legs which takes 45 min) and cardio of some sort everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I workout everyday. 1 bodypart a day (30 minutes for all body parts but legs which takes 45 min) and cardio of some sort everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That’s great!! Keep killing it. I definitely get my cardio in daily because I walk a lot but I’m increasing my workout time to tighten my body much more💪💪
  • ClaireBri74
    ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do something every day but Wednesday is my rest day as I only do a stretch session.

Monday Spin AM, Step PM
    Tuesday Spin AM, Weights PM
    Wednesday Stretch PM
    Thursday Spin AM, Combat PM
    Friday Spin AM, Barre PM (thats a new addition)
    Saturday Spin, conditioning, possibles cardio
    Sunday Dance AM and then weights PM

I also listen to my body and If i need to switch my rest morning I do and if I am sluggish and not feeling it I stop. There is a difference between body sluggish and mental don't want to do it sluggish
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    I do something every day but Wednesday is my rest day as I only do a stretch session.

Monday Spin AM, Step PM
    Tuesday Spin AM, Weights PM
    Wednesday Stretch PM
    Thursday Spin AM, Combat PM
    Friday Spin AM, Barre PM (thats a new addition)
    Saturday Spin, conditioning, possibles cardio
    Sunday Dance AM and then weights PM

I also listen to my body and If i need to switch my rest morning I do and if I am sluggish and not feeling it I stop. There is a difference between body sluggish and mental don't want to do it sluggish

Wow!! That’s an amazing regimen but I love it because your body is being worked out differently every day to prevent muscle fatigue!! I also do stretching but usually before and after my workouts. I have started doing some yoga also though and I love it!
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Daily. I do Sydney Cummings every day. I walk 5-12km 3-5x a week, spin 2-3x a week and yoga 2-3x a week. Sunday is my active rest day where I do a slower walk, short spin and/or just yoga.

I used to just do yoga and some cardio a few times a week and while I could lose weight with my diet I was not toned at all. How many calories you eat help you lose but strength training, and vigorous cardio is key, for me, to staying toned.

Sydney Cummings workouts have transformed my physique more than just what I’m eating would.
  • britishbombshell08
    Options
    Daily. I do Sydney Cummings every day. I walk 5-12km 3-5x a week, spin 2-3x a week and yoga 2-3x a week. Sunday is my active rest day where I do a slower walk, short spin and/or just yoga.

I used to just do yoga and some cardio a few times a week and while I could lose weight with my diet I was not toned at all. How many calories you eat help you lose but strength training, and vigorous cardio is key, for me, to staying toned.

Sydney Cummings workouts have transformed my physique more than just what I’m eating would.

I think you have an amazing workout routine!! I also agree that workouts transform your physique and help tone and tighten all the necessary parts!
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have 5 structured workouts per week, but on my "off" days I try to do something active, taking my dogs on an extra long walk, hiking, doing some deep stretching, etc. I try to listen to what my body needs.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week at the gym, but life keeps me active as well so though I don't call it a workout, I'm still up and moving. It really depends on my goals as to what I do. Legs/Lower Body twice a week, Upper Body twice a week. Day 5 and or 6 is working things I feel were lacking and or Cardio. I need to add more Cardio for sure.