Need Help

Options
Hi, everyone! I've had this app for a while but never used it. I really want to start actively using it because I'm getting married next year, in March, and I want to tighten my core and lose belly weight. Hoping we can share ideas and encouragement to help my journey! Please and thank you(:

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

These guys are all super supportive and lovely.
    The best advice I got when I started is:

Calories in should be less than calories out. It's that simple. Either eat a little less than you have been, or move a little more. Then do it again tomorrow...

Use a food scale. For everything.

Eat your exercise calories. MFP is designed that way. Give it 4 weeks and see what your average weekly loss is. Then adjust to what suits you. But start with them all!

Weight loss isn't linear! It'll go up, down and sideways... wait it out! See the timescale above ;-)

What ever 'diet', feeding plan or macro measurement you go for, there's almost always room for a little more protein. It's good for filling up and filling out. What's not to like?! (Unless medically advised not to that is)

Use a food scale. (Mentioned twice cos it's really important!)

The forums are here to help. Pop on every day and make logging and chatting a daily habit.

You've got this!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Congratulations 🎉 that’s so exciting!!!
    Here’s a thread I just found that you may find helpful
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819491/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2021#latest
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I can use the motivation as well, want to be accountability buddies?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,774 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I've had this app for a while but never used it. I really want to start actively using it because I'm getting married next year, in March, and I want to tighten my core and lose belly weight. Hoping we can share ideas and encouragement to help my journey! Please and thank you(:

You're doing a really smart thing, starting more than a year ahead. Too many women arrive here with a wedding in a month or few, maybe having already ordered a dress that's too small for them currently (!), wanting to lose many pounds and "tone up". It isn't going to happen in a short time span, with any meaningful body change, and the attempt at lightning speed is likely to result in being sallow, listless, maybe losing hair, and all manner of other things that are negative for appearance and attractive vivacity . . . and after the wedding, there will be regain of pounds with friends, in all likelihood. And that's the likely outcome if the fast-loss aspirant *succeeds* in that loss. (Failing might actually be healthier . . . ?)

Good tips from those above. Appearance improvements are usually about slow weight loss (if there's fat to lose), strength training, and some moderate cardio in the mix for good circulation and such.

If you keep being as smart as you're being by starting with enough time to make real progress, I'm betting you'll succeed. Best wishes!
  • chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it simple. Be intuitive about eating, you know what your body needs and you already know what those good choices are! Be mindful of how great the wholesome foods taste. Uses spices 🌶. Do not diet. Do not starve. Do not lose more than 2 pounds a week. Definitely do resistance training. Best of luck to you and everyone on this thread. 🙏