ViSalus (Vi-Shakes)

Options
:flowerforyou: Hey folk!

Any of you out there tried this out? What did you think?

Replies

• Michelle9939
    Options
    Never heard of them.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    They go on the theory of replacing 1 to 2 mealsa day with the shake and eating a specific kind of healthier option dinner. The shakes are only about 100calories each - therefore you wont be eating many calories. Personally I have not tried them ( and I doubt I will) but many people appear to have success. I believe its becauase of having such a low calorie diet.

Personally - I chose to do this journey without any supliments - without any aids. I want to work my butt off - and I want to do this on my own - so far - I am succeeding.
  • heather_getsfit
    Options
    Hi Kristen,

I just was recently introduced to ViSalus and just started the 90 day challenge and love the shakes! They really do taste great. A friend of mine lost 42 lbs on the challenge and I thought I would give it a try as well. My sister and I are doing the challenge together.

This morning I made one with cinnamon and a little bit of honey and it tasted just like a snickerdoodle cookie:smile:

Message me if you have any more questions or want more info on the products and I'd be happy to tell you what I know.

Heather
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of any pre-made shakes period. Most of them are full of crap, use inferior protiens and often have more sugar than protein ---- not to mention they cost triple what it would cost you to make the shake yourself.
  • Juleezz11
    Options
    I have a friend who has lost about 60 pounds, became a rep, and got herself a BMW! I went to her party, and in theory it sounds great, my problem is I am too low income, need something I can do cheaply, therefore, I am doing the no flour, no sugar diet. I only started this week though, so can't brag about results just yet.
  • 1workoutman
    Options
    Hey guys, I work with Visalus, just wanted to share some info with you.The shakes are less than $2.00 each which is a pretty cheap meal. But the company has a get 3 and yours is free plan! They have less than 1g of sugar and are made with a high quality non GMA Soy protien, they are gluten and lactose free. About 68,000 people joined the Body by Vi challenge last month, it is the hottest in America. They shakes have a fiber/mineral mixture which helps curb hunger. I have a few videos loaded up on the site below if you would like to see what the buzz is all about. They aren't a magic pill, but if you take them in conjunction with exercise and discipline the rest of your eating, you will lose weight. My mom lost 38 pounds on her 90 day challnge and did it all for free!
    www.av-promos.com[url][/url]
  • tlgwilliams8
    Options
    Never heard of it either friend. How did you like it? Did it keep your belly from feeling hungry?
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I know a family who's using the shakes. The one also sells big time. I think he already hit his BMW bonus (but not sure if he's going to get the car or get the cash bonus). They love the shakes. Personally, I've only had some a few times. I was doing some Insanity workout videos with the girls and afterwards they would make up shakes for everybody. They were DELICIOUS! They would add anything and everything to their shakes. It only comes in one flavour but they always add different kinds of fruits and orange juice and whatnot so it was always something different.

I know the mom said she lost a few inches off her waist and she wasn't even trying. She didn't change her lifestyle at all except having one shake a day and she's already a fairly small lady.

My cousin was (is?) also having the shakes and takes the vitamins (but she's not very consistent with it..) and she said she noticed a huge difference in her energy levels.

Personally, if I had the money I would at least keep one bag of the shake mix around to add to my after workout smoothies....but right now I'm like piss poor so that's not an option yet....lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you want to try shakes to help you lose weight (I wouldn't but it's a personal choice), I'd suggest you find one that is not sold by multilevel marketing.
    Just go to your supermarket or health food store and I'm sure you will find plenty to chose from with very similar ingredient lists.
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    well I have now tried the shakes and I love them! They are so filling and have so many different ways to make them. I have to say that chocolate almond is my favorite so far! So all you doubters I have to say dont knock it til you've tried it!