what time of day do you exercise and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I try to do 30 Day Shred in the mornings when I manage to get up early. Other than that, I normally do the majority of my exercising in the evenings between 6-8 pm depending on what I am doing. If I am working out at home I go from 6-7ish my Zumba classes are 7 and 7:30 though so those nights get a later start, but I do sometimes go on my elliptical for a bit before the class.
  • moefitt
    moefitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The policy for the trainers at my gym is to work out between "primetime" hours (12:00-5:00) so for me, it depends on the day...if i'm not weight training, I'll do cardio
  • pawsmum
    Options
    i work in the exercise around my shifts
    so it can vary on a day to day basis
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I take walks at night when my husband can go with me.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Much to the horror of my family (because I take them with me) I work out in the mornings before work. This means we get to the rec center between 6 - 6:30 AM - because otherwise we never go. There is just TOO MUCH going on when the rest of the world is awake!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    with a baby and a 4 year old in the house, I fit my exercise in whenever I can.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    My body responds better the later I work out, so after dinner or after the kids go to bed.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My workout times vary. I work 12hr rotating shiftwork, 4 days on 4 days off. So I have different days off each week. If a workout day is on a day I'm working, I go AFTER my shift. So sometimes, it around 8pm, other times at 8am.

The only thing that remains constant, is if I happen to workout on a day off from work. If that's the case, I work out at 2pm.

Confusing? Sometimes. :laugh:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I choose to exercise in the evenings as that is when i "mentally" feel like exercising the most and i'm sure i read somewhere that it makes no difference when you exercise as long as you exercise.

But i am very curious about everyone else's opinions. am i losing out on some of the benefits of my workout because i choose to work out in the evenings?

Although I would kind of like to workout in the evening when I'm more awake, the early morning is actually best for me. The gym is pretty quiet and I can do my thing and I'm good and awake for work and ready for my day.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Evenings. This is usually after my daughter has gone to bed, and I've had time to kind of pause and just breath....then I feel more prepared to go exercise. I've tried to go in the morning (thinking it would be nice to just get it out of the way) and it never works. :0/