Crash and Burn

Options
balexand7879
balexand7879 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2021 in Motivation and Support
Today was not a good day, I totally crashed and burned on my diet. I had leftover enchiladas and rice for breakfast, two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a rice and tortilla taco. My daily routine of going to the gym is sitting my butt here on the couch listening to sad music on alexa the whole day! Wtf!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it be like that. I don't know what time it is where you are, but where I am there's still plenty of Today left to turn things around. Go for a walk, get some fresh air, take care of yourself and resolve to do better tomorrow.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Today was not a good day, I totally crashed and burned on my diet. I had leftover enchiladas and rice for breakfast, two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a rice and tortilla taco. My daily routine of going to the gym is sitting my butt here on the couch listening to sad music on alexa the whole day! Wtf!

Are you female? (Sorry, don’t know which person you are in your picture.) I have days like that right before TOM. Log it, learn from it, and move on.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Also, this will probably keep happening if your calorie target is set too low. What is your calorie target?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Happens. But the great thing is that ONE DAY won't derail a good consistent month. So chalk it up as a loss and move on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    good thing tomorrow is a new day :)

one day never makes or breaks a diet, especially when you are (or should be) working on it becoming a way of life.
  • qhob_89
    qhob_89 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Happens. But the great thing is that ONE DAY won't derail a good consistent month. So chalk it up as a loss and move on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Quoting you because my advice was going to be chalk one up in the L column and let tomorrow be a new day.

That’s what I usually do on days like ones you mentioned, OP. Or sometimes I try to tap in deep and move... just a little. Sometimes that means changing the music to something upbeat and dancing it out. Or just going to the basement and doing a few simple exercises so that I can at least not feel so beat down by the day. (Doesn’t typically offset my calories, so still have to accept a small “loss,” just helps shift the mindset a bit).
    Hope tomorrow is better for you! Don’t beat yourself up over one bad day, it’s really small in the grand scheme of things... just don’t let 1 bad day turn into a week or month and everything will come out in the wash!
  • balexand7879
    balexand7879 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm the 56 year old retired navy guy in the picture. I'm gonna take it 1 day at a time and succeed 👍🏼