How to Do the 30-Day Shred

Options
This helped me, so I wanted to pass it along.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html

The only suggestion I have is to use lighter weights and build up to the 5 lb. mark. (Jillian moves so quickly. You don't want to hurt yourself.)

Replies

• IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :) My DVD just came in the mail today. I think I will start it on October 1, not quite ready for it yet.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Another thing to point out to everyone, if you don't have a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) use Circuit Training for the calories burned. It is pretty accurate to what my HRM shows.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    thanks for this! I do 30DS off and on as part of my workout
  • fendeb
    Options
    last night I sent in for the dvd so it should be here by next week sometime. Will try it out & see what happens. Good luck to everyone doing this.
  • saajidah93
    Options
    I'd never heard of her until now!! Thankyouuu :D
  • Ineedtolose20
    Options
    I have been doing 30-day Shred since February and I love it even though it still kills me. I love it as it is 30 mins and then I am done for the day :-)
    I started out doing Level #1 for 7- days but I think the plan is to do it for 10, same for Level #2 and then to Level #3 to make it 30 days. If you feel you can get through Level #1 easily then move on to Level #2. You may want to stay at level #2 longer as it is more difficult and then onto #3. I now just rotate from #2 to #3 everyday for 5-6 days with a day or 2 break. I use 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 lb weights for the workouts. There is only one workout that I find difficulty in doing with the weights and that is Level #2 the chair squats with V-arm lifts with the 5 lb weights, I use 3 lbs and on the 2nd round I use none but still do the squats. Good luck everyone, she is a fantastic trainer and if i stopped eating like I do then maybe she could whip me into shape, ha...ha....
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me how to estimate the calories burned using this program? I am not very good at this calculating...any help would be apprciated. :happy:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me how to estimate the calories burned using this program? I am not very good at this calculating...any help would be apprciated. :happy:

Log as Circuit Training (20 min?) or use the calories from your HRM (heart rate monitor).

I wish everyone the best with this video. I'm glad you found the link helpful.