Best high-protein, low-cal, low-carb, filling breakfast ?

Options
Do such foods exist for breakfast? :)

I usually eat a bowl of fiber cereal with non-fat milk, but I find I get hungry again within 3-4 hours. So I'm looking for a better kind of breakfast that will keep me fuller through the morning, so I won't get so hungry and distracted before lunchtime. Suggestions please!

Thank you! :D

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Saute turkey sausage (I actually use a serving-size of turkey Lil' Smokies, five little links, chopped up); add a handful of fresh baby spinach and saute until wilted. Add half-cup of egg beaters, and some fat-free feta cheese. Less than 200 calories (about 170 actually); filling, yummy, and you can add other veggies if you want (asparagus? chopped tomatoes?). It's pretty low-carb, and totally delish. I eat it every morning, it keeps me satisfied for hours.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are going to answer eggs.

I don't think it's abnormal to be hungry 3 to 4 hours after eating. I eat far more frequently than that!
  • Joshnae
    Options
    Ever tried making an egg mug by hungry girl? Mine has 28 grams of protient.
  • CharlotteAmmann
    Options
    Hi, the best you can get for breakfast is a Herbalife Shake(about 220 Kcal, depends what you add extra). You don't get hungry and if: you can take a great Protein Bar which is delcious and only 140 Kcal.
    I eat the shake now for 4 years and I'm fealing great! Try it out!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I wake up around 5am and I am not usually very hungry.

I have a chocolate whey protein shake with spinach, almond milk, and sometimes some peanut butter (obviously higher in calories).

It's the only way I can take in a large amount of protein that early in the morning. Minus the peanutbutter the whole shake has about 28 grams of protein, 4 carbs, and 160 calories. Very good stats.

I am not really "watching" my carbs so I will add a small banana (about 78grams) each morning.
  • ziggylove
    Options
    Thank you all!

For around 200 cals those sound great. :)

So it is normal to get hungry 3-4 hours after a meal? Maybe I'm just really unobservant, but people around me, especially at work, seem to be able to go without a morning snack. So it always felt a bit "guilty" eating a small snack before lunch, even if it's a healthy snack. I eat breakfast around 5:30 and pretty much always get hungry between 9 or 10. I was eating a Kashi bar as a snack but noticed it is 140 cals which seemed a little high for me.. 1200 cals a day is really not that much! I have been logging *everything*. So I feel like I have to calorie pinch everything. I know I can exercise to give myself more calories to eat, but some days the schedule just doesn't work out, so my main focus is on calories. :]
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Jimmy dean turkey sausage is only 120 calls for 2 patties. I have that with a yogurt and milk a lot. Also, Kellogg's has a "Special K Protein Plus" which I think has 12 g of protein in it (3/4 cup serving), which is a pretty good choice with fruit. I find that just drinking milk instead of water or juice with breakfast keeps me full longer because it coats my stomach. Skim milk is only 90 calls per cup and has some protein in it too.