Gastroparesis

Options

I have gastroparesis and it's so had to loose weight I am stock at the same weight for the past 6 months. My doctor has me on a fat free low fat diet and 6 smalls meal a day .Any suggestions please, for food ideas please.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor for suggestions, or if you aren't ask to work with a dietitian.
  • Stardust5560
    Stardust5560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it too. I am all over the place. I feel like all options given by dr’s are pudding cups, white bread, crackers, broth. I go from not able to eat anything, to starving and giving in later... to be sick again. Can this app work for limitations in diet? Are there settings that may help?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have gastroparesis but I'm underweight. I get most of my nutrition through my j tube
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think that is something that you need to discuss with your doctor and a dietician/nutritionist who has experience with that disease.
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I’m just chiming in to say you all are brave people. My daughter has gastroparesis. It’s a very difficult condition to deal with. She says what has helped her the most is doing yoga every day.

I agree with others who recommended working with your doctor. And accept that all the advice you get from people who don’t have it is not applicable to you. At a previous job, my daughter had co workers who criticized her food choices all the time because they were low carb dieters. One even told her that gastroparesis wasn’t a real thing.

Ignore stupid people and be proud that you are coping with something most people don’t understand and couldn’t deal with.