Plateau

Options
Ok so lost 14lbs and now I hit my plateau. I’ve been stuck at 172... how do y’all break past this hurdle? Tips, advice and suggestions please 🙏🏼

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You just started right? Weight loss slows down after the first couple of weeks. You lost mostly water and from here on out it will be fat loss. Keep your eyes on the prize!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I dont know how long you have been at it, but plateaus are not determined until it has been a significant amount of time at the same weight. I eat consistently and haven't been over budget once in a month. I was stuck at the same weight (even a slight increase) for 10 days...then WHOOSH, I lost 5 lbs in 2 days. Thats generally how it works.
    About 5 years ago I lost 45 lbs and looking at my diary, i had a few similar experiences. Periods of more than a week with no progress and then finally a breakthrough.
    It definitely isn't linear for most people, so keep working hard and good things happen. If it has been a long period of time, consult the flowchart above
  • msleilanie
    msleilanie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I do need more patience 🤗
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Check back in 6 weeks if your weight hasn't changed and you've been totally consistent with eating, sleeping and not adding anything unusual to your current routine. THEN you would be at a plateau. Which are rare by the way if someone is doing it all right.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png