Hello again :)

Options
Hi,

this is not my first time with MFP :) nor trying to lose weight. I have lost weight several times in my life. At least 4 times I have lost over 20kg. But each time I gained it back and more. Last year I was at my highest point with a BMI of 34.6 :( And my Dr. warned me that my blood pressure and my blood sugar were borderline. Also I'm getting close to 50.

Time to change!

Since new year I already lost 8kg (~17lbs). MFP and calorie counting works really well for me.

I have two goals:
  • Reach an BMI of 25
  • Maintain that BMI (This is the tricky one).

Looking forward to be a member of this great community again!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    That's a good starting goal for sure!

How do you plan to get there?'

And even more important, what are you going to do differently this time to achieve the second goal?
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    That's a good starting goal for sure!

Thanks!

How do you plan to get there?'

Intermittent fasting. Calorie deficit. I eat ~1500kcal instead of 2300kcal that I would need for maintaining.

Once I hit my first goal (BMI 30) I'll reduce the deficit to ~1800kcal. I don't want to lose the weight too fast.

I also do some light cardio and this time around I want to add strength training.

Like I said. I have done this a few times already. I have no real problems losing weight whenI have the right mindset.

And even more important, what are you going to do differently this time to achieve the second goal?

I have no idea. That is actually my biggest worry :(

Last time I kept the weight off for 3 years. But then the bad habbits came slowly creeping back :(

• mtaratoot
    Options
    I was able to keep my weight off for about 2.5 years, and it just started to come back. Since I'm paying attention, I hope to stop it before it goes any farther. For me, lately, it's stress.

If you're looking for a fun way to challenge yourself along with others who have similar goals, consider joining the group at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was able to keep my weight off for about 2.5 years, and it just started to come back. Since I'm paying attention, I hope to stop it before it goes any farther. For me, lately, it's stress.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

My biggest issue was that my mind was not in the right place when I started gaining again. It's like the story with the frog and the boiling water ...

If you're looking for a fun way to challenge yourself along with others who have similar goals, consider joining the group at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021.

Thanks! I sent a request to join!

• mtaratoot
    Options
    I am that frog. It's pleasantly warm right now.....