Newbie !!

Options
Hiyaa !!
I've tried MFP a couple of times in the past and things didn't work out between us but I just keep crawling back πŸ˜…
Want to try and do something positive during lockdown instead of moping around stuffing my face 🀭
Anyone else new or starting out again ?? Xx

Replies

• Suhailaahhh
    Suhailaahhh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request on the app x
  • AstraL12
    AstraL12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Accepted x
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    What didn't work out?

If it's a problem with MFP, it will probably still be here. Doing the same thing and expecting different results and all that.

There's some great tools here. You can use them successfully if you really want.

What are your goals?
  • MissMarie140
    MissMarie140 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too! Sending you a friend req. Anybody can add me!
  • AstraL12
    Options
    What didn't work out?

If it's a problem with MFP, it will probably still be here. Doing the same thing and expecting different results and all that.

There's some great tools here. You can use them successfully if you really want.

What are your goals?

Hi.

I originally started MFP because I was depressed, I was a new mum, I lost touch with most of my friends and I isolated myself. I already had a bad drinking habit and that had surfaced again.
    But, I wasn't 100% committed to the weight loss so probably wasn't the best time to start πŸ˜‚

I then tried again a few years later, but didn't log my food correctly. Any calories I burnt off, I then ate because I saw it as an extra allowance haha.

I scrapped MFP and took up swimming 4 times a week, walked the school runs, had 2 jobs. The only issue was I continued to eat what I wanted which maintained my weight instead of losing.

This time round I hope to do better. I rejoined MFP 6 days ago. My goal is to lose 56 pounds. I have bought kitchen scales to weigh and log my meals properly and bathroom scales so I can do a weekly weigh in. I think that if I actually see the results, it will encourage me to keep going. I bought an exercise bike which I have used every morning for 30 minutes. Each time I've pushed to beat my previous calorie burn. And lastly I'd just like to be more active. Lockdown and being on furlough is proving to be tough so I need to get my steps in by taking regular walks.. and to keep me sane !! πŸ˜…
  • Alan_UK_1974
    Alan_UK_1974 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Feel free to add me 😊
  • AstraL12
    Options

I don't know how to add friends on here πŸ˜• x
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I don't know how to add friends on here πŸ˜• x

Just click on the name next to the post. This opens the "usercard" with a picture, name and badges. Click on the name again. Now you're on the profile page of the user. There you see the button "Add as friend" :)

• Bigstuff1980
    Bigstuff1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey I just joined last week. Trying to get used to counting calories. I did weight watchers in 2019 and lost about 45 lbs but gained it all back. This app was free so I figured I would give it a try.
  • AstraL12
    Options
    Hey I just joined last week. Trying to get used to counting calories. I did weight watchers in 2019 and lost about 45 lbs but gained it all back. This app was free so I figured I would give it a try.

Hi me too !! It's amazing how many calories are in foods that we are completely unaware of. πŸ™ˆ good luck to you !!
  • Bigstuff1980
    Bigstuff1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know right. Counting points was easier on weight watchers. I used to eat a lot of zero point foods but didn't realize how many calories were in them. So I'm curious as to what my rate of weight loss is gonna be.
  • B1G_FN_R0B
    B1G_FN_R0B Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I dig it!! Im back again too and thenbad part it I was literally 13lbs from my first goal weight. And now im 36lbs from it!! Lets get itπŸ’―
  • AstraL12
    Options
    I dig it!! Im back again too and thenbad part it I was literally 13lbs from my first goal weight. And now im 36lbs from it!! Lets get itπŸ’―

Oh noo!! Don't worry, this time round will be better πŸ’ͺ good luck!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    What didn't work out?

What are your goals?

Hi.

I originally started MFP because I was depressed, I was a new mum, I lost touch with most of my friends and I isolated myself. I already had a bad drinking habit and that had surfaced again.
    But, I wasn't 100% committed to the weight loss so probably wasn't the best time to start πŸ˜‚

I then tried again a few years later, but didn't log my food correctly. Any calories I burnt off, I then ate because I saw it as an extra allowance haha.

I scrapped MFP and took up swimming 4 times a week, walked the school runs, had 2 jobs. The only issue was I continued to eat what I wanted which maintained my weight instead of losing.

This time round I hope to do better. I rejoined MFP 6 days ago. My goal is to lose 56 pounds. I have bought kitchen scales to weigh and log my meals properly and bathroom scales so I can do a weekly weigh in. I think that if I actually see the results, it will encourage me to keep going. I bought an exercise bike which I have used every morning for 30 minutes. Each time I've pushed to beat my previous calorie burn. And lastly I'd just like to be more active. Lockdown and being on furlough is proving to be tough so I need to get my steps in by taking regular walks.. and to keep me sane !! πŸ˜…

You are setting yourself up for success with this approach. Having a food scale will help your accuracy. At some point, you might try to estimate things BEFORE you weigh them. You'll get better at estimating for the times you're away from your scale. But don't stop weighing things because you'll go out of calibration. I also really recommend a weight trending app to level out the daily fluctuations (cuts out the noise from the true signal). There's several on the internet. There's a couple I like.

The only mistake is that you actually SHOULD eat back most of the calories you burn from exercise or other activity. That's how MFP works. Just make sure you enter THOSE things accurately, too.

If you're looking for a group of folks working towards similar goals, wander on over to the group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021
    and ask to join.
  • AstraL12
    Options
    What didn't work out?

What are your goals?

Hi.

You are setting yourself up for success with this approach. Having a food scale will help your accuracy. At some point, you might try to estimate things BEFORE you weigh them. You'll get better at estimating for the times you're away from your scale. But don't stop weighing things because you'll go out of calibration. I also really recommend a weight trending app to level out the daily fluctuations (cuts out the noise from the true signal). There's several on the internet. There's a couple I like.

The only mistake is that you actually SHOULD eat back most of the calories you burn from exercise or other activity. That's how MFP works. Just make sure you enter THOSE things accurately, too.

If you're looking for a group of folks working towards similar goals, wander on over to the group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021
    and ask to join.

Hi
    I have started to use the barcode scanner and pre weigh my meals before I have them so I know exactly what I'm having. It's so easy to free style it and end up adding too much of something or too little of something and that's where I've gone wrong in the past.
    Im fortunate enough to live where I work so not too far from the kitchen scales πŸ˜†
    Yes I see what you mean!! After exercising today, I had pretty much worked off my calorie intake for breakfast and lunch. I was staaarving and still had hours to go before dinner so I did eat some of those calories back with a low fat snack and that kept me going completely.
    Thanks so much for your help πŸ™‚