Do completed days have to go to your wall?

Options
HerNameIsMischief
HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
edited January 2021 in Getting Started
Can you set it so your completed days don't show up on your wall? I don't want friends on here to see "HerNameIsMischief completed his day and was ___ calories under his limit!" on their wall (I'd also rather not see theirs on mine, either). I don't want friends to get weight updates like "HNIM has lost 2.6 lbs since last check-in," either. If I want to brag about my weight loss, I'll do it in a post...my friends on here don't need constant updates, and I don't want a bunch of thumbs up or "great job!"s from anyone for losing another lb or two.

On that note, I also want to turn off those stupid notifications that I've logged in for ___ days in a row, at least on my wall. It seems so silly for people to be giving me thumbs up for merely showing up here.

Replies

• HerNameIsMischief
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you. I did check Settings for my account, but that was only about resetting your goals. Your link let me alter what I showed to others. Is there a way to regulate what you get from others? I'd like to see friends' diaries, but don't really want daily updates about their completed days or weight loss.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I did check Settings for my account, but that was only about resetting your goals. Your link let me alter what I showed to others. Is there a way to regulate what you get from others? I'd like to see friends' diaries, but don't really want daily updates about their completed days or weight loss.

No, you can only control what you share, not what others do or what you see from them.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

No, you can only control what you share, not what others do or what you see from them.

that.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for your help.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you set it so your completed days don't show up on your wall? I don't want friends on here to see "HerNameIsMischief completed his day and was ___ calories under his limit!" on their wall (I'd also rather not see theirs on mine, either). I don't want friends to get weight updates like "HNIM has lost 2.6 lbs since last check-in," either. If I want to brag about my weight loss, I'll do it in a post...my friends on here don't need constant updates, and I don't want a bunch of thumbs up or "great job!"s from anyone for losing another lb or two.

On that note, I also want to turn off those stupid notifications that I've logged in for ___ days in a row, at least on my wall. It seems so silly for people to be giving me thumbs up for merely showing up here.

It might seem silly to you, but many of our members enjoy reading about each others' progress on their walls. They like to give and receive thumbs up as encouragement for continuing the logging streak and meeting goals. That's kind of the point of adding friends here - members want friends for motivation and accountability. Some people find that having days logged and weight lost show up on friends' news feeds keeps them accountable. Seeing other people's progress can be motivating. As in real life though, you can't control what your friends say or do on MFP. ;)

If you don't like sharing your progress or seeing other people's progress, you don't have to add people as friends. It's not a requirement to add people in order to use MFP. A lot of people prefer to read and post in the forums instead of using their wall, and that's okay too. :flowerforyou:
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options

As a side note: you don't actually need to complete your diary. Unless you like seeing the unreliable 5 week prediction :mrgreen: Your diary is saved even if you don't complete your diary at the end of the day.
  • sunpatient3621
    sunpatient3621 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can take off those things on my Mac laptop but not on my iPhone.