"It's not sweat, my fat cells are crying."

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Aggie. Today is my second day on Myfitnesspal. My current weight is 325 lbs. I do not see it always as I look in the mirror, but the scale doesn't lie. Believe it or not, I am a pretty active person. I run at 325 lbs, I do P90X at 325 lbs, and that includes the whole hour of plyometrics. It isn't easy, but my body is one amazing vehicle that I enjoy pushing to its limits. I am having a hard time with sticking to exercise and diet. I do well for a month or two, and stop. Try it all over again. I AM SO TIRED TO TRYING. I want to get rid of 175 unnecessary pounds once and for all.

I have never had the right kind of support while dieting as I have struggled with weight ever since late grammar school. This is the second time I have let myself get this big. I lost 150 lbs before. My brother died in 2004, and I have gained 150 lbs back. I am looking for new friends who will encourage and support me as I embark on this new wonderful journey. I promise to encourage and support back. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Time to take control of my life once again.

Aggie

Replies

• lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You made me laugh out LOUD doll!!! Good luck on your journey and keep them cells crying!!!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was hooked on this website from day one and never looked back. Feel free to add me, you can do this! I lost 100 lbs once before to then a multiple of things went wrong and gained it back so I'm doing it again. I have lost 108 since I had my son 2 years ago and I have more to go. I have never had support like this before!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aggie! So glad to have you! And doing P90X is amazing, kudos! I didn't try to run until I was down about 50 pounds but now I know I can do it:) Loved your topic headline, made me laugh:) Feel free to friend me if you need support, I do try:)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the "stop my thighs from rubbing together". Am new to MFP and have a long ways to go. So keep making me smile, please!
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    Today is my second day too. I have had a lifelong struggle with my weight. Feel free to friend me, I can use more support too.
    The title of this post made me crack up!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi Aggie,

My two best friends on here are both Aggie, so I think we are meant to be friends. I have lost about 40 pounds so far ... and I also run and have done P90X in the past. This website is awesome, just show up .... make good choices... and keep exercising and the rest will take care of itself I promise!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Welcome Aggie!! I have always tried a diet for a week or so and then quit. But not this time. I am determined more than ever to lose weight. I started my weight loss journey on July 25 and have lost 8 pounds. I am not giving up! This is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
  • dzniki1029
    Options
    I added you. I need more friends too. I've lost 10 lbs but have 150 more to loose. Anyone that wants please add me.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love the anology " my fat cells are crying" will kepp it in mind every time I workout! Feel free to friend me, we'll get through this together
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    You will love it here! Welcome!!! I sent you a friend request;))
  • ScrappyKat
    ScrappyKat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from Aggie. Me I usually quit after 3 weeks, I dont know what happens, I hit the end of week 3 and go on a binge. My first goal is to make it to 3 weeks and then to the end of 4. and so on and so on. I have about 25 kg to lose, and I'm not exercising at the moment, between being a mother, a wife and full time worker, I'm not sure where to fit it in. I wouldn't mind having more friends.
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Hey Aggie!! The title of your post made me giggle! Love it! You can totally do this....you're already doing the exercise part which is hard for a lot of people. I still struggle with it! Keep track of your food, drink your water, and make sure you're eating enough!!! Before you know it, the weight will come off!! We're all here to support you through it!

Feel free to add me if you like!
  • hmb74
    Options
    Hey,

Love your sense of humour :-)

I can empathise. This is the 2nd time I've been this big too. I lost 105 lbs and walked the London Marathon in 2008 then lost my mojo. Got it back now :-)

Good luck on your journey xx
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • WaRachel
    Options
    Welcome - I am also just getting started (for the umpteenth time). Feel free to friend me if you want - I can use any encouragement I can get, and would be glad to help you keep at it too.

Good luck - you can do this!
  • ercarnes
    ercarnes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ok I love your topic starter. I was cracking up. Anyways good luck! I also run and do P90X as well. I am amazed at myself everyday that I complete my workout. I am highly addicted to working out. I have to tell myself to take a rest.

Add me! I have about 60 to lose. We can support each other.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your sense of humor. You will make it this time!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome i will add you good luck I have th same amount to lose
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi there:

Thank you for the laugh!

I will add you( and anyone else please feel free to add me). I'm down 24, but have still 120 or so to go.