Hi new..need to lose

Options
Hi I am Brandy. I am 37 and a mother of 3. I get bored and I eat...I get tired and I eat..I get sad and I eat. I need to eat better and lose weight. I am 170lbs and 5' 6' and want to get back down to 145lbs. I did weight watchers and loved it..but with money being tighter now, I needed something free. I think this one is a lot like weight watchers, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks,
Brandy

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandy!! You can add me as a friend if you'd like. I've been using mfp for about 2 weeks, and I love it!! You'll meet lots of great people here and get tons of support!!!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • Tracyjba
    Options
    Hi Brandy,

I am fairly new to MFP as well... less than 2 weeks I think. I've been using MyFoodDiary which is also good but costs $9/mo. I know keeping a food diary is really key to losing weight, along with regular exercise. Good luck to you!

I should add a bit about myself... WW lifetime member, but prefer real calorie counting now that all these great online tools are available. I have 2 boys, 2 dogs, hubby and demanding job.

- Tracy
  • Runsforfood05
    Runsforfood05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hiii guys ... it's my first day here on MFP and so far i'm LOVING it :)
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    Hi Brandy....I am also a former WW member and it worked for awhile, too much money when I can get on this anytime and get much better reports on my overall progress. Log everything...and be honest....you aren't cheating anyone but yourself by not logging every food! You will see a snapshot of yourself everyday and track the nutrients that are important to you..Good Luck
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to add me if you would like. Also, do you know if there is a T.O.P.S group near you. It is alot like WW but much much cheaper and there is no special diet to go by. It is just alot of people that get together on a weekly basis and support each other and share diet tips and ideas. You can go to www.tops.org and see if there is a group in your area.
  • a1cbrandy
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the response. I added all of you that requested as a friend...so excited to get this started. I know with WW its gonna take awhile to see results...but I cant wait. The picture I added is of me at 150 lbs...when I was in the middle of ww, so its a good goal to look at. LOL
  • Olive101109
    Options
    Welcome, Brandy!! :-)
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    you can add me if you want I been here along time on and off I love it......:)