5 years later, 40lbs back, I have returned

Options
KingsGirl4
KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
edited February 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Back in 2015 I successfully lost 40 pounds here and improved my nutritional knowledge. Fast forward to where I gained it all back and am starting my journey to losing it for good and healthfully.

I am currently trying to adopt a 90% plant-based diet and using Peloton to keep active.

Why did I gain it all back? I did a lot of HIIT workouts and had a very clean diet. I didn't realize that was overdoing it and at the end of the year, I found myself binge eating for 2 months straight - one of the scariest feelings of being out of control I've ever felt. I was looking to get help but it eventually went away. I realized since I spent the year eating clean and basically skipping out on the tiniest of indulgences, that it eventually crept up on me.

The HIIT also seemed to burn me out as I found it very challenging to get myself to work out.

So here I am, taking what I learned from my mistakes to move forward slowly, patiently, and healthfully.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Slowly and patiently is definitely the way to go.
  • rzodkewa
    rzodkewa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi!

Same here, I went through similar journey and just starting it all again. Good luck, I believe in you :)
  • maryly78
    maryly78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im in a similar boat. Lost 30 pounds on weight watchers 4 years ago but have gained it all back. Im trying to allow indulgences here and there even if it means I go over my calories for the day because clearly the all or nothing approach doesn’t work. And I hear ya on the hiit-great workouts but once a week is all I can muster for those! Good luck!
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    maryly78 wrote: »
    Hi, Im in a similar boat. Lost 30 pounds on weight watchers 4 years ago but have gained it all back. Im trying to allow indulgences here and there even if it means I go over my calories for the day because clearly the all or nothing approach doesn’t work. And I hear ya on the hiit-great workouts but once a week is all I can muster for those! Good luck!

I'm a former points-counter myself and it's just not realistic in the real world. Calorie counting puts foods much more in perspective. Keep it up!