Rebounder

Options
I just started using a rebounder. Is there one used in the my fitness pal?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I would log it as Aerobics, probably, depending on exactly what you're doing.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Following... I was wondering the same thing.
  • skatells
    skatells Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’d also like to follow this thread. Just bought a rebounder (so excited!) and would love to hear tips (like, how long do people do it for? Any videos you recommend etc?)
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am just getting into rebounding and really enjoying it! Have been trying various workouts on YouTube and trying a free 7 day trial of Bellicon workouts so far which are v good. Trying to do 30 minutes every day before work, more Pilates/stretching workouts at weekends to mix it up.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I rebound for 30 minutes a day. Most of that is a high jog and I log it as Jogging in Place when I log it on MFP. But I also steal some moves from YouTube's Body Project videos and do a few sets of those. I set my work-out playlist on random and let the music determine the moves and intensity.
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I just bought a Rebounder. I'm interested to hear how others use theirs. So far I've just bounced in place and done some jogging. It definitely gets my heartrate up, and it's fine for now, but I know eventually I'll get bored with that routine.

As for logging the exercise, I'm still unsure how to do that. I know it's possible to add an exercise to the MFP database, but I would have no idea what to put for the calories burned. I'll look for Jogging In Place like MsCzar mentioned and start there.
  • MsCzar
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm still rebounding every day and have yet to become bored. I still mostly jog on it, but integrate moves from The Body Project on YouTube to get my heart rate up. After one year of rebounding, I have upped the intensity of my workout music from Dance Pop to Club Electronica and other hyper fast song lists... even so, my stamina is now such that I can carry on a conversation while keeping time with Blondie's 'Dreaming.'

I use MFP's 'Running (jogging), in place' which they set at 314 calories per 30 minutes. But I do wonder about the real calorie burn and the difference between my slightly slower (but more challenging) 30 minute workout of six months ago compared with my much faster (but what now feels easier) workout today. Do we burn fewer calories as our bodies become more efficient - even when doing a more challenging workout?

• BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    I'll have to look for the Body Project on youtube. That sounds interesting.
  • MsCzar
    Options
    Here's the video I started with. Gotta say, back 8 months ago, this workout completely winded me and my glutes ached the next day. I would alternate between one of the video exercises and my fall-back high knee jog. I can't tell you how brilliantly the rebounder has slimmed my hips and thighs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_L9qAHVJ8
  • BrightEyedAgain
    Options
    Oh good! I just saved this to try next time I'm on the rebounder. I have a tv in there with it, so this'll be perfect.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I mostly freestyle and jog in place on the rebounder while watching TV. This is the video that got me started. https://youtu.be/XHLdcEgB0co
  • Fantasyfan882017
    Fantasyfan882017 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the boogie bounce at home mini trampoline and been doing workouts on that. It's only £1.99 a month for access to the app and the videos are only around 30mins. I'm really enjoying it 🙂