Need healthy (non-fruit/veggies) snack ideas!

Options
I need advice on healthy snack foods. It seems that everything I pick up off the shelf is high in sugar and/or sodium. Any Ideas?

Replies

• nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you are looking for ideas. Also, check out www.skinnytaste.com - she has some amaaaazingly yummy healthy recipes!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Nuts!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Nuts!

you said nuts :blushing:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is one of my go-to snacks. I also keep Wasa crackers in the house to top with various things. I've done them with tuna, hard boiled egg whites, cheese, cucumber, various nut butters, and homemade jams, depending on my macronutritional needs for any given day.
  • christina000
    Options
    Nuts (the ermerald cocoa powdred almonds are so good!), popcorn tiny bit of butter added, and some pepper to taste, low fat cheese and or soy cheese, frozen berries in vanilla yogurt, turkey pepperoni, bran muffins made with frozen bananas and frozen berries(my favorite)!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Take a Graham cracker and break it in half, spread a little bit of whipped peanut butter on both sides, add a tbsp of fat free whipped topping and freeze.... 150 calories and taste like a ice cream sandwich! Yummy!
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Some of my faves:

Almonds
    Pistachios
    Cheese
    Smart Pop 100 Calorie Bags
    Peanut Butter on Whole Wheat Bread
    Yogurt (I love the Yoplait parfait delights!)
  • moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My favourite is a tablespoon of peanut butter or a hard-boiled, peeled egg with salt and pepper. Or Triscuits, but I have to be careful with those because I love crunchy, salty things.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. Peanut butter mixed with Greek Yogurt. Protein shakes. Homemade protein bars. Cottage cheese. Gets kind of hard when you omit fruits and veggies.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    rye bread with peanut butter, hazelnut butter any nut butter really..
    greek yogurt
    pistachios
  • CarolineHayden
    CarolineHayden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For a quick snack that you can carry around, I love Kashi pumpkin and flax granola bars. Their crunchy, so they're great for a 3pm snack or for when you're a little stressed. They're also good with the protein content, and they're not too high in sugar. Put peanut butter on them, and you'll fill up nicely!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Celery with peanut butter
    Ry Krisp crackers with Laughing Cow cheese
    Almonds
    Yogurt
    Peanut butter toast/bread
    For a "treat" when I crave candy - Luna protein bars (kind of small, about 170-180 calories, higher in protein than the regular ones)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Key lime greek yogurt and unsalted almonds. Yum!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Granola (You can buy it or you can make it yourself plus you can make your own granola bars too)
    Wheat Thins and either cottage cheese or Laughing Cow or Baby Bel cheese
  • graciegrace93
    Options
    Trail Mix (Archer brand from Target is really good). popsicles are low in calorie if you get the right kind... not super healthy tho