Protein on the go

Options
For all you seasoned fitness pal friends- give me ideas of simple protein to go. Drive through protein ideas? I lack time some days and want to learn where you grab a protein.

Replies

• Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I started carrying a insulated cooler bag with a freezer pack on days when I'll be out running errands. I can toss in some lean cold cuts, cheese, fruit...whatever is easy to grab on the go. For actual drive through/fast food, I avoid them if it's just me but if I absolutely have to stop, I'll stick to someplace where I can get some type of grilled chicken. I Usually remove the bun or at least half, or grab a chili from Wendys.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    I don’t really do drive thrus, but ChilFilA has those grilled chicken nuggets and Subway just came out with protein bowls. 🤷‍♀️
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    If on the road without my meal prep I will sometimes go to like a wawa and get their egg bowl with whichever added meat you like, Dunkin I’ll get an egg cup or egg sandwich and lose half the bread, I also might get a double shot espresso in a large cup with ice and pour a protein shake in it... so so good. For road trips I’ll usually get jerky and a protein bar.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,930 Member
    Options
    Most convenience stores have hard-boiled eggs in one or two egg packages.

I used to keep packets of dry-roasted soybeans in my car (plain and wasabi flavors).

At McD's and presumably other fast food places, you can order parts of things if you want to, like the burger patty without the bun. Wendy's chili is pretty reasonable. Subway will make any sub into a salad, so you can have a salad with your choice of the meats/eggs. If you look at the Taco Bell web site, there's a menu with a nutrition calculator. You can find options there that aren't on the menu board, or start with something like one of the power bowls and add/subtract ingredients to hit your goals.