sock heaven

Options
Ever wonder where your socks go? I just got six pair for Christmas and I now only have two left. I have heard of sock heaven and that must be where they are because they aren't here!
(I have random thoughts and posts. This is just another one of those.)

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Ever wonder where your socks go? I just got six pair for Christmas and I now only have two left. I have heard of sock heaven and that must be where they are because they aren't here!
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    I have always thought that the dryer eats them! :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    It's gnomes. They treasure them because they make great hats for them. The more you loose, the bigger the gnome population is under your house.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Sometimes mine fall behind the washer and dryer but most are lost:tongue:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yep...pretty sure there are little people that live in the dryer and they eat them right up! Man...they must be fat little people!!!!:laugh: :tongue:

*Kistinbee*
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That's why I only buy white socks, that way they always match!!! I think there is a whole in the dryer that sucks the socks out and they are floating somewhere in the universe!!!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Itis definately the dryer...we ball the socks before I wash them so I know I put pairs in...and woola...I still lose one or ten..never fails....

And I love random thoughts!!! :happy:

dd
  • aliciask
    Options
    I've had lots of socks go to sock heaven.

But I also have a kitten and noticed (while doing some heavy duty cleaning last night), that all the little things I've deemed "lost" over the past few months have magically reappeared in tiny strategically piled lots under the depths of the couch...... Finding them was like finding a cache of all the things the kitty thought are important.... like two earrings I "lost", a shiny barrett I again thought was "lost", the rubber stopper from the door stop, several paperclips, bits of foil, and oddly enough, the plastic clip on the back of the TV remote that holds batteries in, and yes.... even a sock.

It made for some good laughs last night.

Cats must give the socks to the house gnomes for their hats.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    aliciask, that's funny. Cats are definitely good at hiding stuff. I had a cat that hid a pet halter one time and I never did find that sucker! :laugh:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

But I also have a kitten and noticed (while doing some heavy duty cleaning last night), that all the little things I've deemed "lost" over the past few months have magically reappeared in tiny strategically piled lots under the depths of the couch...... Finding them was like finding a cache of all the things the kitty thought are important.... like two earrings I "lost", a shiny barrett I again thought was "lost", the rubber stopper from the door stop, several paperclips, bits of foil, and oddly enough, the plastic clip on the back of the TV remote that holds batteries in, and yes.... even a sock.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love my cat.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options

Yeah...that's a good question...I've done that and yet....they seem to disappear, yet leaving one behind...I have a stack of unmatched single socks on my dryer. :laugh:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Itis definately the dryer...we ball the socks before I wash them so I know I put pairs in...and woola...I still lose one or ten..never fails....

And I love random thoughts!!! :happy:

dd

HILARIOUS!!:laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    This is so funny. I have to be the only person in the world who has never lost a sock. I'm so fanatical about it that I can't. When my daughter was younger I used to fasten them together onto a diaper pin. Then someone bought me some of the plastic sock holders that keep them together in the dryer. But on my own, with no appliances, I always match up perfectly in the end. I don't know, I guess I'm a killjoy...:devil:
  • suzanobrien
    Options
    I think that it is the washer and not the dryer that is the culprit.. I think that when the water fills up in the drum in the washer the socks go "overboard", under the drum, then the gnomes rescue them to make hats... or the mice under the house have really warm feet :-)
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

ohhhhhhhhhh maybe the the back of my remote is there too!!!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My cat who is no longer a kitten steals all my socks too. I find them in the wierdest places - if at all. Now I have to be a vigilante with them as soon as I take them out of the dryer.....

BTW watch48win, Jimmy's my guy too!