Add me

Options
tburgardt
tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
I start over every year 🤣🤣
I am a waitress. I am a mother of 4 boys. I am a wife. And the best one yet I am bad at a workout routine. With the kids being home doing virtual learning I can not work out, they always laugh at me.
Please feel free to add me I may not answer to any messages though.

Replies

• 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I get ya, I'm starting again too! I'm always down for more MPF friends. 🙂
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I start over every day. Kids will be kids. Even if they laugh its always best to show them by example, but that's just me. We are each our own on this crazy journey.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,186 Member
    Options
    Heck, I laugh at MYSELF when I work out. You should see it. Quite amusing. So what? I try not to pay attention to it. Maybe if they laugh, just laugh louder.

One good thing is that as a food server, you already have a very active life.
  • tburgardt
    Options
    I'm very self conscious. I'm not terribly overweight but technically I am. I'm only 5'3" and 170 lbs. I have a decent amount of muscle so you can't really see the fat I hold on too. But anyway I love how you guys say just let them laugh. They are brutal though. Haha. I'll have to get over it. I went to the eye doctor and he found something that is caused by a few different health issues. 🙄 He said, very nicely I might add, to diet and exercise. So now I have no choice.
    *takes a few deep breaths*
    Let's do this!
    ... tomorrow
    🤣
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    How about get started TODAY?

Laugh back at 'em. Find something, even if it's not funny. Like how they tie their shoes. Don't let them take up rent-free space in your brain. They already live rent-free in your home, so limit it to that.
  • tburgardt
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Laugh back at 'em. Find something, even if it's not funny. Like how they tie their shoes. Don't let them take up rent-free space in your brain. They already live rent-free in your home, so limit it to that.

I love this! I really do! And not today. I have to go to work. So tomorrow, PROMISE!
    And I shoveled today. So much snow! So much 🥺
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    tburgardt wrote: »

I love this! I really do! And not today. I have to go to work. So tomorrow, PROMISE!

I'm rooting for you.

You know it's not a sprint, and it's not even a marathon or just a simple 120 miler or 24 hour race. Those have ending points. This is a "from now on" kind of thing. It won't be easy, at least at first. When you start to see results and feel better, then you can REALLY laugh! Laugh with joy!
  • Cody0103
    Cody0103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Challenge those kids to an arm wrestling match. And laugh at them when they lose lol
  • tburgardt
    Options

I'm rooting for you.

You know it's not a sprint, and it's not even a marathon or just a simple 120 miler or 24 hour race. Those have ending points. This is a "from now on" kind of thing. It won't be easy, at least at first. When you start to see results and feel better, then you can REALLY laugh! Laugh with joy!

Thank you!
  • tburgardt
    Options
    Cody0103 wrote: »
    Challenge those kids to an arm wrestling match. And laugh at them when they lose lol

My kids are really bad at loosing. So this would actually make them cry, even before any laughing would start.
  • Cody0103
    Cody0103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cody0103 wrote: »

My kids are really bad at loosing. So this would actually make them cry, even before any laughing would start.

Dang, well I guess you could try crying when they laugh at you lol
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about making them also do a short workout, even if it's just some pushups, situps & squats. No game time unless they do the one set of each?
  • tburgardt
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Have you thought about making them also do a short workout, even if it's just some pushups, situps & squats. No game time unless they do the one set of each?

Hahahahahhaaha yes ive tried that. They hate it. It's a struggle to get them to do morning stretching before school.
  • DoryPhish
    DoryPhish Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dory. I'm 30, and I have two kids. I still haven't figured out how to add people, so feel free to add me, and I'll accept! Good luck!