Motivation pals 👯

Rule 1
Belive yourself ; make your mind ready to lose weight ( if your mind is not ready you wont be ready)

Rule2
If anyone can do lose weight; you can do it too

Rule 3
Never give up ( dont let anyone destroy your motivation

First of all would recommend purchase a treadmill if you can ( start walking as quick as you can and then maybe couple months later when you feel ready start running This must be your daily routine )

Healthy food ( greens 🥬, fruits 🍉, and depends on your health situation pick the right one of course ( some fruits contain less sugar some contain high )

And last one Keep 🏃‍♀️ running
Target yourself to your Goal

Yse your scale once a month let your clothes are tell your process results

Always here to help Dont hesisate to add me

DONT FORGET WHAT EVER YOU WANNA DO , You are gonna do it for yourself so please don’t cheat... even when you feel really down always remember your promises and nice Happy days

If this helps you please don’t hesitate to share with others

Kind Regards
Arif

Replies

• Escapetoparadise
    Escapetoparadise Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks for you comment
    First off all answer the ( why purchase treadmill)
    Because cities like Istanbul , london , newyork etc . They dont have much enough walking ways , routes etc.( even if they have boy everyone has chance to use them ) And also peoples who living and working in the Big cities dealing hours and hours with traffic and come home tired ,etc that is the big reason to Lose Motivation ( I belive Treadmill at home will motivate at least %1 of those peoples

By the way I am not Treadmill dealer :)

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Emirgan Park (Istanbul), Central Park (New York City), Morden Hall Park (London)

🤷🏿‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    I didn't buy a treadmill.
    I don't run, ever.
    I didn't even change my exercise/activity level to speak of.
    I didn't change the foods I chose to eat (just ate them in different portions, proportions, frequencies than before.)
    I weigh myself every morning.

"Cheat"? Irrelevant concept, IMO: Weight management (and eating for health and fitness beyond that) is an arithmetic budgeting problem about making various things balance, not a moral test. IMO, being active is about finding enjoyable ways to move one's body, in ways that also help achieve one's weight, health, appearance or fitness goals.

Motivation? I figured out how to make the process pretty easy and sustainable, so I didn't require constant "motivation".

I lost 50+ pounds in less than a year at age 59-60, while severely hypothyroid, and have stayed at a healthy weight for 5+ years since (after around 30 previous years of obesity).

Perhaps your advice isn't universally applicable? Perhaps there are other workable approaches?

If what you describe has worked for you, personally, that's *great*, sincerely. Different things work for different people. Probably your approach would work for some other people. On MFP, it's great to hear from lots of different people about what worked for them, so that new folks have lots of paths to choose from. IMO, it's really important to personalize one's approach to one's own preferences, strengths, and limitations. Doing so increases odds of long-term success, I think.

It's very sweet and kind of you to want to encourage people.

Regards, and best wishes for continuing success in achieving your own goals!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Thanks for you comment
    Because cities like Istanbul , london , newyork etc . They dont have much enough walking ways , routes etc.( even if they have boy everyone has chance to use them ) And also peoples who living and working in the Big cities dealing hours and hours with traffic and come home tired ,etc that is the big reason to Lose Motivation ( I belive Treadmill at home will motivate at least %1 of those peoples

I live in Rome--plenty of walking to be done ( 7 hills too), and it is our preferred way of getting around. Don't own a treadmill and don't have space for one. People that make up rules make me crazy. You have good intentions, but , just no.
  • DoryPhish
    DoryPhish Posts: 18 Member

Why use a scale only once per month? Scale use is a personal preference, some people prefer not to use the scale at all - finding that their emotions are tied to the number, some use it weekly, some use it daily. Women in particular can have wildly fluctuating numbers due to hormones - if I weigh once a month and just happen to do it in the first month when I am at a lower number - perhaps dehydrated from a day having a few drinks and then weigh a month later when I am bloated from my period, that might be terribly de-motivating and I will have no data in-between to refer to that might smooth out the trend, in addition to weight fluctuating, water retention often causes bloating which can also affect clothing fit. I have found far more success weighing daily and understanding my fluctuations than pretending they don't exist.

I also weigh myself daily. Roughly the same time every morning. It helps to see just how much it changes day to day depending on what I ate/ how active I was the day before.

I get that can get obsessed with the number itself, but for me I know about how much a should weigh when I have a healthy amount of body fat, and good muscle tone. (I used to lift weights)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for you comment

I live in Chicago, which isn't as big as those cities, but normally counts as a big city, and the only issue with running outside is occasional snow and ice that can make the sidewalks dangerous when running. Walking is still fine, and there are lots of places to run/walk. I love exercising outside and dislike doing so on the treadmill. (But totally cool if it works for you.)

Re: commuting, before covid I would often ride my bike to and from work (although I wasn't hardcore enough to do it in the winter), and I would also sometimes run to or more often home from work (I had a backpack for my stuff). Biking was faster (except I'd add in extra miles) and running not much longer than the time to commute otherwise, and an efficient way to get exercise in. (I was about 5.5 miles from work, now I'm 8.)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Thanks for you comment

Glad you aren't selling treadmills but I don't think you have been to London either!
    If you get the chance it's a fascinating city to explore on foot and the Royal Parks are lovely.