I only got to wear this dress once...

Options
I bought a nice dress about a week before starting MFP nearly 3 months ago, to wear to a formal birthday dinner and had intentions of wearing it to my sister-in-law-to-be's hen's night in a couple of weeks. (It was on sale, ($40!) so if I only wore it once, so be it!) It is strapless, which I don't normally wear, but it stayed up and was very flattering.

I was feeling a little low yesterday so I thought I'd try it on. It fell right down! I can't believe I've lost so many inches around my chest! (My BF even says my boobs haven't shrunk, and I've definitely not reduced bra cup size!)

cp340.jpg

I'm a little sad cos I love this dress, but my SIL to be has changed the hen's night to a day at the races, so I shall be shopping for a lovely new (hopefully on sale) dress for that, and another for the wedding in November... I think I'd better start saving now...

Replies

• MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Super cute dress! Maybe get it altered if you want to wear it again once you reach your goal weight?
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would be very happy if I were you!!! That means that you are doing something good! Go and buy a new dress!!! You deserve it!:happy:
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just have it taken in.
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a bittersweet thing when it comes to clothes and losing weight. A few months ago I bought a new pair of size 8 jeans, and 4 weeks later needed to buy size 6! I was sad cause I spent the money and loved the jeans, but happy cause I was losing the weight!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I have dresses and jeans like that too. But it is a positive thing. I think you should smile that it fell to the ground and enjoy the loss and think that you can find a wonderful dress again {smaller}.

Keep it up and by the wedding you just never know what you will be able to get into and you could always hire one :happy:
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm definitely happy about losing weight! I think I will see about having it taken in - there may be life left in it yet!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Geez, why can't I be so lucky!!! I've been here about three months also and have lost about 17 pounds....BUT I haven't lost any of my boobs...(which I was hoping to by now).. Oh well.... I'll keep plodding on and hoping....

Congrats on your weight loss..and you can definitely alter the dress and get more use out of it....
    Thanks for sharing this.. It gives me hope...lol
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    At least you got it on sale, and got to wear it once!

I think the sacrifice of that dress for an awesome bod and a smaller dress is worth it. You deserve it because you worked hard to get where you are today :D

As for your breast size, the cup size (what your boyfriend is most likely to notice) most likely did not change in your (lucky) case...but your BAND size. :D
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I might even sell it on eBay - to help fund my new wardrobe!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!