Question??

Options
So I’ve been on a routine now of eating every couple hours for about six days now and sometimes when it’s time to eat I don’t feel hungry should I eat still or just skip and wait till my next time to eat? I don’t know if it’s this will throw me off or if it’s a good thing I can skip some snaking in between meals??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's all up to your preferences. If you find yourself wanting to eat every couple of hours and it helps you meet your overall calorie goal, that's a good reason to do it. However, if you don't want to eat, it's okay to wait.

The only reason you'd have to eat every couple hours is if your doctor recommended it for medical reasons (which doesn't sound like the case here).
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I'm a big fan of eating when you are hungry. If I don't snack when trying to lose weight I starve myself then binge which is not helpful.

So be mindful about your snacks. I would load up on filling low calorie things: a piece of fruit, a container of yogurt, certain bars (I found Fiber One because I don't get enough fiber in my macros), string cheese, plain popcorn. Try for things that will keep you satisfied without making your calories skyrocket. I try to keep my snacks under 100 calories.

Another trick that helps me is learning the difference between genuine hunger & thirst. Now I'm conditioned to drink more water but I wasn't then. So before eating anything, make sure you drink at least 1 glass -- preferably a bottle (16 oz / 1 pint) of water before shoving food in your face. You will be shocked at how the filling sensation of the water will curb your hunger.

On that note I have come to enjoy a variety of teas which is my go to when I know I'm eating out of boredom. The flavor in the tea gives my mouth something to enjoy rather that then nothingness of water.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    If you already know what you're going to eat for the day, you might experiment with WHEN works best for you. If you're not hungry at your 10 snack time, maybe try waiting and eating what you would have eaten at ten along with your allotment for 12.

I have found that trying to eat 2 hours is too often for me, but the same number of calories spread about 4 hours apart works better for me.

Experiment!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    doesnt matter if you eat once a day or 6 times a day,. just that you are in your allotted calories.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    It’s all experimentation. Experiment to find out what time schedule works for you, and experiment with macros to see what keeps you fuller.

For me- and this is only me- I like 3 meals and regularly scheduled snacks, with an emphasis on protein (cottage cheese, yogurt, jerky), supplemented with hot drinks in between. Hot drinks fill my belly for a very low calorie investment. I prefer sugar free lattes, but you could enjoy coffee, green tea, even a mug of low sodium broth or low cal soup is just perfect sometimes.

Same with workout schedule if you’re exercising. Some prefer morning , some evening, I frequently do both. Experiment. Do you finish invigorated? Exhausted?

As they say in yoga, “Listen to your body”.