Lockdown love handles?

Options
Anyone else just...a bit bigger than they used to be? I haven't stopped exercising, although maybe not been as good as I could be. I haven't eaten junk, in fact probably eaten better overall. But I'm 4 kilos heavier than this time last year, my jeans are getting tight, there's a muffin top on my running shorts and I'm starting to notice a wobble. I know what I need to do and I'm back on it starting this week. I don't think it's going to be fun. Anyone similar and want to share this journey?

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yup. I bake when I'm stressed. DH isn't all that into sweets & one of my co-workers is diabetic so I don't feel comfortable tempting him with sweets so guess who eats everything? I have recently learned that two of my widowed elderly neighbors love baked goods so now I feel like I have somebody to bake for. I get my stress relief but the snacks leave the house, & not on my hips.

It might be fun. Find some thing to make it so. I'm in a lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day group in the challenges section. She'll be converting it to lose 10 pounds by St. Patrick's Day if you want to come over there.

Do exercises you like (or at least don't hate). All this snow shoveling where I live is the substitute for no strength training because I'm not comfortable going to the gym & I don't own weights.
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wish I thought it could be done by mid March! I've managed the odd quick-fix-drop-a-few-before-things-get-out-of-hand before, but this is...more than that. I used to think it would be nice to lose a few pounds, no urgency. Now it's getting on for a stone of chub. I'll look out for that group though, thanks.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I drank and ate from March to September and I am back where I started years ago. I should change my profile pic but I can't let go. So...starting from scratch as well. It'll take me until about next September-November to reach my goal.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I wish I thought it could be done by mid March!

You misunderstand. It's not about being done . . . it's about accountability for 10 pounds per month (approximately). She'll probably do another group like 10 pounds by Easter. Then 10 pounds by Memorial Day & so on just to break it down so people aren't looking at those big scary numbers. Personally I need to lose 25-30 pounds over all so it's more manageable to focus on the small interim goals.

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey.
    I blimped the COVID 19 lbs in a fabulously fast 2 months.

But then as soon as the YMCA pool opened again (with distancing limits) in July, I did my best to get back into the groove again
  • chantellezxc
    chantellezxc Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I had a baby when covid started locking everything down actually we had her at home because I refused to give birth at the center without my husband. That was wonderful but now I’m extra fatter than my normal self since my routine completely changed with covid I lost no baby weight until only I was still wearing maternity clothes at 9 months(the horror XD )just recently which isn’t like me at all I’m normally in my regular pants after a couple weeks.
  • mightybunky
    Options
    I had a baby when covid started locking everything down actually we had her at home because I refused to give birth at the center without my husband. That was wonderful but now I’m extra fatter than my normal self since my routine completely changed with covid I lost no baby weight until only I was still wearing maternity clothes at 9 months(the horror XD )just recently which isn’t like me at all I’m normally in my regular pants after a couple weeks.

Congrats on the new baby!

Like you, I never struggled to shift pregnancy weight, was back in my normal range no more than 3kg/7lbs above target for years and could get rid of a few if I was trending towards the top of that. But now suddenly (maybe not so suddenly not so suddenly) I'm 7kg/15lbs+ above it.
  • mightybunky
    Options
    Oh, honey.
    I blimped the COVID 19 lbs in a fabulously fast 2 months.

But then as soon as the YMCA pool opened again (with distancing limits) in July, I did my best to get back into the groove again

I wish I could go swimming! All locked down here in UK. Although maybe treating 5 mins in a freezing lake as exercise all through December has something to do with where I am now 🤔
  • mightybunky
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    I wish I thought it could be done by mid March!

You misunderstand. It's not about being done . . . it's about accountability for 10 pounds per month (approximately). She'll probably do another group like 10 pounds by Easter. Then 10 pounds by Memorial Day & so on just to break it down so people aren't looking at those big scary numbers. Personally I need to lose 25-30 pounds over all so it's more manageable to focus on the small interim goals.

I wish I thought I could do 10lbs in a month!

Normally with a month of weighing and tracking everything and exercising religiously I can shift about 3-4 which is all I've needed before. This time it's the long haul 😦

I've joined a 3 month challenge to get started, so 🤞 Good luck with yours!