Small victory for me

Options
I had a small victory for me today, but it makes me feel like I am getting better at not eating just because there is free food here. I ate breakfast like normal, but when I got to work one of our vendors had brought us biscuits. Before I would have had one even though I already ate. So far I have gone over one hour without touching one. I just keep telling myself I am doing good and I already had breakfast. I am tempted but I know I do not need it just because they are there. For me this is a small step to a better life.:smile:

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I had a small victory for me today, but it makes me feel like I am getting better at not eating just because there is free food here. I ate breakfast like normal, but when I got to work one of our vendors had brought us biscuits. Before I would have had one even though I already ate. So far I have gone over one hour without touching one. I just keep telling myself I am doing good and I already had breakfast. I am tempted but I know I do not need it just because they are there. For me this is a small step to a better life.:smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

a good step and an important one...good for you!
    those steps add up and bam...soon you are in a different and better place!
    WTG!
    Dave:smile:
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    when you think about getting one... think about it covered with worms, that way it doens't sound so good, It's a little mental trick i use when I want something I know I shouldn't eat.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE step! Good for you. Can you move them away from you?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Be proud of yourself!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job! With biscuits, especially, just the thought of how many calories they contain is enough to keep me away!

Your willpower is bigger than that biscuit!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Luckly for me they are across the showroom so they are not sitting in front of me. It also helps I can not smell them.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    It is a huge victory! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!