hello world I am Sandra from New Zealand

Options
My niece told me about this site....I have35 kilos to lose which is.77lbs.... it sounds terrible in pounds.I can only describe myself as a procrastinating emotional binge eater.I am a cancer survivor my weight really got out of hand during my illness, and i thought people with cancer were meant to get all skinny and frail...sigh.I am doing this because at 51 i am tired of being overweight and gof willing i have another 30 or so years to live and i want them to be good years.

Replies

• muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! And this is the site to get all the inspiration and encouragement from you could want!!!
  • mmg3938
    mmg3938 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay strong. You can do it
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Hi Sandra!!

Congratulations on beating cancer!

There is a group of Kiwis here on MFP....check out this thread and feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/339729-new-zealand-group
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you keep telling yourself you can! It is very challenging at times but with persistency and a good network of MFP friends you can get through it. I had lost 70 lbs but have put half of it back on over the years. I am eating healthy as much as possible and exercising but life gets in the way sometimes. As an emotional eater myself, you have to keep in mind that this journey is for life, it's not a race since there is no finish line. Once you get to goal, you have to work hard at keeping it off!

So clean out your kitchen of any foods you cannot keep away from, shop for lots of fresh fruits and veggies and get a good pair of walking/runnin shoes! And keep your MFP friends!

Good luck!
  • graciegrace93
    Options
    I wish I was from New Zealand! I am dying to go there.... Good luck on your weight loss!
  • bevqueen
    bevqueen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck Sandra! You can do it! :flowerforyou: