Would like friends

Options
Hi all, I’m getting started again after several years. I could use friends in my age group.

Replies

• bustlegirl
    bustlegirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I re-started on December 29. I'm down 12-1/2 pounds. My motivation is this: My brother was diagnosed with diabetes last year. Then his numbers indicated that he was in the beginning stages of kidney failure and was facing dialyses. Also his high blood pressure was not being managed in spite of 3 different medications. He began a weight loss program and lost 50 pounds. He looks great, but the big win is he doesnt need to take diabetes medication any longer. Also, he is off of 2 of the 3 blood pressure medicines! All that to say, it scared me enough to realize I needed to take my health more seriously. When I'm having a particularly hard day, I think about what could go wrong if I DON'T lose weight! I believe that watching what and how much I eat is a whole lot easier than dialyses! 20 pounds to go....
  • pljs010381
    pljs010381 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m not quite in your age range but I too could use some support.
    I’m a recent 40 year old. Wanting to lose weight and in general get in shape. I haven’t been the best to my body lately. The Covid 15 or whatever is real. Now I’m trying to get back to a healthy weight, though even prior to Covid I was not exactly healthy weight either so yeah, the struggle is real. I was on a roll but then hit a road block my momentum and drive fell in a pot hole and now I’m trying to crawl them back out and get going full steam again. I’d love to keep in touch and be here to offer cheers, encouragement and empathy for when things go great and not so great.

-Trish
  • gfinley49
    gfinley49 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm back at it on here. This last year, like for all, has been super stressful and sadly I ate my way through it and gained about 20 pounds. So time to get serious and lose it. I'm 52 and so much harder to lose weight with wacky menopause hormones...sigh. Anyway, not sure if I'm in your age range but feel free to add me as a friend. 😊