Are you from the big city or a small town?

mwgibler
mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
Are you from a big city or a small town? I grew up in a town with 1500 people. The closest town to me now has 45 people

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Small town And according to a 2010 census under 8,000 people.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Small town - approx 2500 ppl - class of like 80 students maybe - live in a bigger place now - about 25k still small but not everyone know me
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I grew up on a farm outside a small town. My high school grad class had just under 100 people and most were related to each other. Town has grown; it now has three stop lights and two restaurants but still one of the smallest in my state.
  • cowsfan12
    I grew up on a farm outside a small town. My high school grad class had just under 100 people and most were related to each other. Town has grown; it now has three stop lights and two restaurants but still one of the smallest in my state.

3 stop lights - anything more than 1 is considered the city -
    I remember visiting family here in tx coming from ks - and I thought this place was huge 😂 and my grandparents even had MTV it was the best thing to me - we had local cable in my town but only CMT for music channels - some of my friends had satellite and had it but we was too poor for that nonsense
  • mwgibler
    My graduating class had 29. Love the small town life.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I remember visiting family here in tx coming from ks - and I thought this place was huge 😂 and my grandparents even had MTV it was the best thing to me - we had local cable in my town but only CMT for music channels - some of my friends had satellite and had it but we was too poor for that nonsense

Well its the county seat so I guess it can be considered a "city". Lol. The entire county all went to the same school. Thus my class being 100 peeps.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Just a small town girl...

Living in a lonely world..
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Well its the county seat so I guess it can be considered a "city". Lol. The entire county all went to the same school. Thus my class being 100 peeps.

Ha - my town was the county seat too - we had 5 towns that went to our high school 😂 - we didn’t get the stop light till I had graduated and moved down south - 😂
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Small. 1 traffic light. More tractors and combines on the road than trucks.
  • tmantwo
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Just a small town girl...

Living in a lonely world..

She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    biggest little city
  • mwgibler
    tmantwo wrote: »
    You guys had a traffic light!? That’s big time!
  • tmantwo
    mwgibler wrote: »
    tmantwo wrote: »
    You guys had a traffic light!? That’s big time!

Actually, I think that same intersection has 2 now so yeah, we’ve hit the big time.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Middle, 40,000 + people both where I grew up and town I currently live in is about this size as well.

I love small towns. We bought our house ten years ago with nothing around and it was great, great, great! Now we have a humongous Walmart one mile down the road, the second one in this city and the third within an 8 mile drive. We have 176,537,439 restaurants churches, bakeries, gyms, dry cleaners, and auto parts stores within a two mile range now, too.
  • SeptemberSun_1333
    SeptemberSun_1333 Posts: 2,742 Member
    Grew up in a place of around 3,500 but there were 5 communities within the zip code. My eight grade class had 14 students and the 7th/8th grades shared a classroom. We had to go to another town for high-school and that graduating class was around 80 kids. I moved to the big city around 18 years ago with a population of 67,000 people. Miss living back at home every. single. day.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited February 2021
    I kinda grew-up in a small little place down in Southern California that called itself "The City of Angels".

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    rmpdsdk98tnz.jpg
    A charming quaint little place called the South Bronx.....where everything was a playground 😁
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Small Town!!!! Recently moved from one small town to a smaller town. We have a school that is it!! 22 mins of dirt road to get to our house!! Love it!!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    fftvblamkaxm.jpg
    cecqwmom66ta.jpg

I don't mention this too often online, as many people tend to reach blindly for some sense of personal offence, but yes…. I grew up in a little community called Swastika (Swas-TEE-ka), populated by maybe 1500. There was very little there when I was a kid. I grew up splitting firewood for heat, fetching water from the spring down the road, and emptying the inhouse porta-potty-type-thing every day as there wasn't indoor plumbing until my teens.

The nearest town, Kirkland Lake, was where we went to school and worked. It was a 10 minute drive, or a 1.5hr walk (which I did almost daily). Even at its peak mining days, it couldn't breach the 10,000 person mark.

…….and now you know, lol.

I think this is cool man.sounds pretty brutal especially up in Canada, but now i see where you get your manliness! 👍