Not going to make goal

Options
I set mini goals for myself, and my next mini goal is to be 178 by the 10K walk I am doing on april 4th. That means losing 8 pounds between then and now, and that's only four weeks away. I suppose it is possible to lose 2 pounds each week for the next four weeks, but I don't see it as being probable.

Just a little bummed....each time I miss a mini goal it's going to set my overall goal back. Granted I don't have anything coming up that I HAVE to be at my goal weight by the end of October, but it would still be nice.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I set mini goals for myself, and my next mini goal is to be 178 by the 10K walk I am doing on april 4th. That means losing 8 pounds between then and now, and that's only four weeks away. I suppose it is possible to lose 2 pounds each week for the next four weeks, but I don't see it as being probable.

Just a little bummed....each time I miss a mini goal it's going to set my overall goal back. Granted I don't have anything coming up that I HAVE to be at my goal weight by the end of October, but it would still be nice.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I tell my boyfriend when he wants to cry future tears....use some of those powers to foretell the future to pick the winning lottery numbers! :tongue:

Look, you don't know that you can't make the goal. Why not try and see how far you get? If you give up now, you will never know, will you?
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, it's okay! You're still getting SOMEwhere! And I bet by 4/4 you may even be close enough to your mini goal that could "fudge" it!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Don't give up yet. Try to make it. If nothing else you will be closer to that, so what if you fall a pound or so short. At least you tried. If you give up now, you have already commited yourself to failure. I'm rooting for you. You can do it, just stay focused.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I tell my boyfriend when he wants to cry future tears....use some of those powers to foretell the future to pick the winning lottery numbers!

firewalking, LOVE IT!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    That's true, I could always just focus on getting as close as I can. A couple pounds off my goal really won't matter all that much. Thanks guys!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    There you go. Good luck, I know you can do it.
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I tell my boyfriend when he wants to cry future tears....use some of those powers to foretell the future to pick the winning lottery numbers! :tongue:

Look, you don't know that you can't make the goal. Why not try and see how far you get? If you give up now, you will never know, will you?

I have seen nothing but great advice from you on these boards today! I wish I had your positive attitude all the time.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You are too kind. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.:flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    you have done so well already!!! even if you don't make it look how far you have come already
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This is why my weight goals don't have timeframes. Or at least I try not to have timeframes - sometimes I don't follow my own advice. :laugh:

We can't directly control the number on the scale, only indirectly control it. So having goals to be at a certain weight by a certain time is a goal that is only partially under our control. What is under our control is whether we eat and exercise according to our plan. If we do that, the weight comes off eventually, so that's what I concentrate on.

That said, I wanted to be 160 by 3 months out. I didn't make that goal (was off by about 5 pounds) and I was beating myself up like crazy while my surgeon was telling me how great I was doing and how I will probably end up lower than my preliminary goal. So I was beating myself up for nothing and not able to enjoy my accomplishments.

I also want to be at a normal BMI by 6 months out and I'm not sure if I'll make make it (again I'll be short by a few pounds), but this time I'm not beating myself up.

So I guess I did learn something. :wink: