? about P90X nutrition

Options
I have the P90X DVDs (...or I will, when the moving truck gets here with all my stuff next week). I've had them for about a year, but have so far only done the abs one a few times, but am considering doing the whole program soon...and I'm wondering if you previous P90X graduates went by the nutrition guide that came with the program, or just wore an HRM, logged the calories and them ate them back? Or if you did a combo....what worked for you? TIA.

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I did NOT go by the nutrition guide...their nutrition guide is merely a sales pitch to get you to buy THEIR products in my opinion.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We followed the nutrition guide...You can either do their menu or you can just follow the portions guide. Its really easy once you get started. We had great results! My husband and I always wore an HRM during workouts. In the nutrition guide they recommend their products and they are fantastic, but when we first started out we used similar products we found at our grocery store, Clif Builder Bars instead of the P90X bars, Whey Protein from GNC etc. You can see my before and after pics on my profile : )
    Good luck on your P90X journey! Its an awesome program!! :smile:
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!