Back again

Options
Lost 5.5 lbs the first week .
i set to a 2 lbs per week weight loss but didnt find eating less a problem so was well under the calories suggested .
I have a lot to lose so im pleased its off to a good start .

My wife does slimming world with great success and some of the meals are very low in calories and worth looking into especially the frozen ones from iceland to have in stock if you havnt got time to prepare or have run out of lower calorie staples .for a meal .

I much prefer calorie counting than slimming world as im not always well prepared and grab breakfast and lunch at work where i can calorie count but incorperating SW meals really helps

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,730 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back! :)

If you have a lot of weight to lose, 2 pounds per week is a reasonable goal. As you lose weight you will want to adjust. What calories were suggested and how far under were you? The 5.5 pounds the first week was probably a lot of water weight, so please don't expect it's going to go like that every week. Have realistic expectations.

Do you have fitness goals as well as weight loss goals? We have a great section on fitness and exercise here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/fitness-and-exercise

I also like to try out some of the challenges:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges
  • mel49e
    mel49e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi 2730 calories suggested .....sticking on average to 2100 calories a day .

I would be very happy with a steady 2 lb a week , im very active with work so no energy for the gym but that might change .

appreciate your reply
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,730 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @mel49e You don't need to go much below the recommendation, if at all, especially if you're active. :)

2700 is a great allotment of calories to still lose 2 pounds per week! With what you're currently eating you can easily fit in a few treats like a small amount of ice cream and still be within the recommendation.

It is cool and motivating to see bigger drops, but we have to remember we're getting off the yo-yo bandwagon. For good. We're learning to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.

Keep it up and post your progress in a week or two.