Doing Better

duxlady
duxlady Posts: 18 Member
I’m trying to lose the last 10 lbs to reach the goal weight range that will work for me. I’ve lost almost 50 lbs since last May.
These last 10 have been a bit of a struggle. I try to reassess what’s going on with me, my focus, behavior - etc... So I am trying to post my foods for the day first thing in the morning- like a menu. Hoping it will help keep me on track a little better, keep my focus and less rummaging through the refrigerator when I’m hungry and not sure what to prepare.
Also keeping busy with activities helps.
Losing weight is definitely not linear and sometimes what worked at the beginning, doesn’t work as you nearer your weight loss goals. Especially when going from beautiful weather and being outdoors most of the day to transitioning into winter- grey, cold and a little depressing.
I always keep trying.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hello!

You've already done an amazing thing in losing 50 lbs, that's nothing to sneeze at! It sounds like you've got the right mindset, so I'm sure you will ultimately be successful. I also like to pre-log my food in advance when I can, including snacks - so when I go rummaging in the fridge, I know what I'm looking for and already planned to eat it, LOL.

It's also OK to decide to slow way down or even maintain for a while, until the weather is nicer, if the winter doldrums have got you down. No sense making yourself miserable if you don't have to, life's too short.
  • mcaesar811
    mcaesar811 Posts: 23 Member
    Congratulations on how far you’ve come!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    The last few pounds are tough and you’re going to have to be super accurate. Do you use a food scale?
  • duxlady
    I continue to measure and portion my food as always done. That has never been a problem; it’s boredom eating/ snacking. Trying to work on addressing that problem.
  • duxlady
    Still struggling. Try to take it a day at a time.