Night shift !

Options
Any tips on what to take to eat on a Nightshift... sometimes I will just eat out of boredom too ...?

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If eating out of boredom bring things like carrot and celery sticks.

I worked night shift for years and just ate the same things I ate when I worked a “normal” schedule. Except my breakfast was at 2pm 😂
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My night shift job is an outside gig. My go to is hot tea with tiny splash of cream. Most of my "hungry" at work is really cold, tired, thirsty. So hot, caffeinated and beverage kills the fake hunger
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    The problem with these night shift threads is people come and go off night shift so fast they never last.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been working overnight for about 23 years. My day-night are basically switched. I eat like dayshift people, just at different times. The only difference is on my nights off were I sleep at night to spend time with my family.
    Treat your meals and snacks as you did when you worked dayshift.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    I'm switched on my meals also. I eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Lunch is still lunch and Cinnabon is still my nemesis. :smile:
  • kschu7247
    kschu7247 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been working nights forever lol. I try to pre-log everything in the morning before I go to sleep, and stick to the pre-calculated calories. Seems to be working and I haven't been starving. It's a little weird with exercise, but I try not to eat those calories either way. No idea if that helps anyone lol, but its working for me so far.