my diary?

Options
Wondering if everyone could please look at my diary, and tell me how I could improve it?

Thx :)

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ditch the grain products and eat more protein (35-50% of total calories)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    decrease fat, I try to keep mine below 35 grams..more whole grains, fruits and veggies...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Meet your daily calorie goal, including eating exercise calories. Avoid processed foods as much as possible. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to watch potassium instead of iron. If you are defecient in potassium, you will retain water, even if your sodium is under.
  • trishoida
    Options
    at least 100g of protein is great if you're between 1400 and 1600 calories! You should only need one piece of bread for breakfast. And bananas are high in carbs; try fruits with less!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Take into mind that I live in australia with my parents on a very strict budget and fruit costs a crap load.
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any farmer's markets in your area at all? Sometimes you can find cheaper fruits and veggies towards the end of the farmer's market day. I would definitely cut down on the bread and processed foods--if you need bread, go for whole grain or multi-grain--white bread offers you nothing nutritionally except for processed carbs. Try things like fish and chicken baked. There are tons of super easy recipes online. In general your days don't look too bad, but try and eat most of your calories (if you can do that in a healthy way... if not, I would keep your cals as is as long as you don't feel super hungry). Having a salad with lean protein like chicken or tuna for lunch is a suggestion as well :).