Enhance Pie Chart at Bottom of Food Diary

Options
The Pie Chart at the bottom of the Food Diary is very useful. It could be made even better if the percentages from each category are automatically seen in the pie chart categories. Now to see the percentages, you have to run the mouse over the Pie Chart, and write them down, which is not much effort but it is two extra steps in order to see and record the percentages. The percentages are very beneficial, not just total intake of the categories. Thank you.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Do you need your percentages to be more exact than "about half/third/quarter/fifth/sixth" and do you not have a good sense of what 1/2(3, 4, 5, 6) of a circle looks like?
  • no1texan
    no1texan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and comments. A sense of the % works, but since the % is already being computed in MFP, why not show them in the pie chart, the exact % is more beneficial that guessing.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    MFP's devs don't read this part of the forum, so your feature request isn't going to be seen by them. But even then, since UA recently sold MFP at a loss to an equity firm, I doubt they have the resources to do more than keep the servers up.
  • no1texan
    Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • no1texan
    Options
    Understand the recent sell. At same time, MFP is providing the pie chart as information to the users. I am more than willing to admit my math may be wrong if this is the case, but MFP says my total calories for 2/5 are 1045, and total carbs are 29, the pie chart is say the carbs percentage is 13%. Total carbs of 29 / total calories of 1045 is 3%. Don't understand how MFP arrives at 13%. The same is true for other percentages for Fat and Protein. Again, really understand MFP does not have resources for this, but better not to show the pie if incorrect and misleading. I signed up for the Premium trial to get the data exported to Excel and track the percentages. Likely will not continue with Premium. MFP is I believe the best program available for tracking food, and all the other features. Hope they get an owner who can keep MFP going. When I get off my proper eating path, put on weight, all the bad stuff that comes with it, I will return to MFP to get me back on course. Thanks for putting up with my lengthy post and your support.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,335 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    29 g of carbs = 116 calories = 11% of 1045
    So aside from perhaps some rounding issues, that seems pretty accurate.
  • no1texan
    Options
    Thank you Lietchi. I was missing a step, need to covert grams, 29, to calories then compare to total calories. Thank you very much for your reply and clarifying this for me.