Same 20lbs to lose! Need Motivation Friends.

dzdouglas
dzdouglas Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2021 in Motivation and Support
Hi. I'm new to MFP. I know tons about healthy eating but implementation is always a problem. Fails come often with a husband and 2 boys living in my house who don't have food issues, so there's always food I shouldn't be eating in the kitchen. The past week I've been following a virtual gym program getting better at adding in exercise but food has been a roller coaster! Anyone need a motivation buddy? I sure do! I can also be pretty fun and sarcastic when I'm not depressed about eating. 🤪

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    I would be happy to mutual cheer lead. I know very little about food & nutrition but I know alot about (succumbing to) temptation.

When I started my 1st MFP journey about 4 years ago what I learned about portion control was eye opening. I also know about trying to keep up. If you find yourself portioning out dinner with everybody at your table having the same size serving that may be the 1st place to make a healthy change.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    How about 30lbs (maybe even 35, we’ll see when I get there!)?
    Also in the same boat - whoever said knowledge is power didn’t have food issues 😂

• HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    You can add me.. I have 40lbs to lose would like to lose at 15 or more by my vacation in june
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    I have 19.5 to get to my first goal!! I lost 90 lbs in 2012 with mfp. Gained 80 back in 6 years!! Need support and motivation!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Me!! I could also use the extra support and motivation. I also have about 20 lbs to lose, I lost it in 2018 but have gained it back. There are 5 of us in my home, and my husband can eat what he wants and when he wants and he's not affected by it. I also know about healthy eating, its just avoiding the temptations, that's the hard part for me. I'm getting better though :). We can do this! @dzdouglas I'll send you a friend request. Anyone else who wants can also request me if you're looking for extra support/friends here 💜.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 277 Member
    Feel free to add me. Need like minded people in my virtual circle. Let's do this!
  • catgirl2289
    catgirl2289 Posts: 24 Member
    You can add me! I have a lot of weight to lose but am determined!
  • sajgos
    sajgos Posts: 4 Member
    I would be happy to have a few more people to help with motivation and support. I'd like to lose 20-30 pounds, but it doesn't come off easily and I hate waiting so I get discouraged when I don't see results after a few weeks. Going on over a month now and have seen maybe a couple pounds different but it's hard to tell. I'm 5'2" and around 170.
  • HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    Anyone can add me
  • jogo2200
    jogo2200 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi if u don't mind a guy then feel free to add me... I'm fairly new to mfp, and also looking to drop some weight, around 1.5 stone as a starter. Need a bit motivation and happy to give some too... Good luck everyone. We can do this.
  • shannonfindley
    shannonfindley Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying to lose 15 pounds, feel free to add me. I could use all the support I could get.
  • I'd also like to lose 20lbs. I need someone to pester me to log my food in lol but any motivation is welcome.
  • Msfreemann
    Msfreemann Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'd like to join. I've been on and off MFP for three years but only used it for a quick food check. A 20 pound weight loss would do wonders for me. I honestly am not sure what happened, it was as if one day I woke up and was like.. "what the, what the, who is that?!" I have a lot of great people in my life who love me for who I am, but right now I 'm not happy with how everything fits. I wonder if anyone else can understand where I am coming from? I'd like to find like minded people to lose 20 pounds with. I plan on doing it by June 25, my son is graduating from high school and this seems like a realistic, attainable date. Thanks for listening.