How do you Hold Yourself Accountable for Your Weigh Loss or Gain

Options
My name is Patricia and I have been a member of MFP for 2 years. I am a serial dieter and I am working on becoming a goal maintainer. In the two years I have been a member I have had successes and failures. But I have managed to lose 98 of the 100 pounds I needed to lose.
Do you measure your success by what your scale says?
Is success dropping a pant or a dress size?
Is success how many compliments you receive?
What do you do when you gain a pound or two?
Do you have a MFP buddy to share challenges with?

I have learned not to let the scale not dictate success for me because all the scales dr office,gym, my bathroom are all calibrated different. They are not a true measure of how hard I have worked or not. They depend onthe time of day I am using the etc, etc etc.
I have found my clothes a more reliable measure in my case.
Compliments are not always sincere you never know peoples motivation.
When I gain I try to take it a day at a time and not dewell on the past failures but instead on what I can do to not repeat them.
And I have several MFP buddies that I hold accountable and that hold me accountable.

Please share I am always open to new insights and new friends.l87j4acevdzg.jpg 2018 me 4l669bdj03e9.jpg2021 me

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hello Namesake.

My accountability is through the tracking. It's also about comfortably wearing my wedding rings. I have gained enough weight at times that they hurt.

Right now my 1st goal is to get that scale to a number that gets me below the obese category. When I realized I was 10 pounds into that range I freaked.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options

I’ve lost 100+lbs and been maintaining for years. My WL success is 100% scale. I have fitness goals that are a separate thing in my mind. I just know if the scale goes up much, my fitness goals suffer.

I want to wear clothes that fit right. And I’ve been at goal so long people I’m around now don’t recall when I weighed 285 lbs.

1-2 lbs doesn’t bother me much but 3-4 definitely would. I have a red line that if crossed would result in a total freak out. I’m not gaining back any significant amount.

I belong to a group here on MFP. We’ve been together quite a while now. It’s very helpful.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Thank you Trish1c and 88olds very insightful responses. I didn't think about it but my rings are a good measure of what's going on with my weigh too, especially on my right hand.
    And 1-2 pound fluctuations can be water weigh so it doesn't bother me as much as a 3-4 pound gain which usually shows in my inability to fasten my pants.
    Congrats on your 100+ lost. I am trying to join you I am 1.8 away from 100 pounds those last 2 pounds just won't go away. Hopefully by my Birthday.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »

I’ve lost 100+lbs and been maintaining for years. My WL success is 100% scale. I have fitness goals that are a separate thing in my mind. I just know if the scale goes up much, my fitness goals suffer.

I want to wear clothes that fit right. And I’ve been at goal so long people I’m around now don’t recall when I weighed 285 lbs.

1-2 lbs doesn’t bother me much but 3-4 definitely would. I have a red line that if crossed would result in a total freak out. I’m not gaining back any significant amount.

I belong to a group here on MFP. We’ve been together quite a while now. It’s very helpful.

Thank you for the insight. Have group support is great. I have a couple of accountability buddies. I don't belong to any groups yet. Stay safe and warm it's cold all over right now.❤👍✔