What made you ultimately decide to get fit?

Options
2»

Replies

• CurseofDolkite
    CurseofDolkite Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My big why is self-centered, but that's okay in my book. I just want to look attractive and feel attractive and wear cute clothes again. When we can be out and about anyway. :wink: I have many things hanging in my closet waiting for me to be smaller and the world to be ready for all of us.

Right on. I may never be able to really feel attractive, but I know I can at least improve what I have.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1) about 10 years ago, I was at 191 pounds and only 5’2”. I looked in the mirror one day and caught sight of the back of my arm and saw the fat drooping down over my elbow. Funny, it wasn’t the fact that my clothes didn’t fit anymore (I reasoned that they shrunk in the dryer), or that I was up to a size 16, pushing 18 (I reasoned I was curvy) or that I could barely make it up a flight of stairs. Nope. It was seeing that bit of fat hanging over my elbow that made me realize I was fat.

2) I have several whys-1) I’ll be 50 in a few months and I like looking good for my age, 2) I’m still single and will likely stay that way which means I’ll probably grow old alone. I want to have mobility as I get older and if I fall I want to be able to get up, 3) I love exercising; it’s my zen, 4) when I do go clothes shopping, it feels good to be able to buy in store. The stores I shopped in didn’t carry the larger sizes in store so I had to shop online, 5) I can cross my legs now; couldn’t do that with thick’um thighs, 6) I just enjoy taking care of myself and keeping in shape is one way of doing that.