Mini goal

Options
I am just coming back, so my mini goal is to track my meals for the week.

Replies

• joushuasprague
    joushuasprague Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mrs Mc cann my mini goal is to become a artist-do track and filed
    to mrs mc cann by joushua sprague
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't give up and welcome back! I have been working on the same 10 pounds for years!!! But I can say I have not given up...
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Mini goals are a great way to build healthy habits! Logging meals, healthy or not as healthy will definitely give you a baseline as you progress through this journey. Keep up the great work!
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, a great idea.

Why? I personally feel it is the Daily logging, of everything, that finally put an end to year's & year's of yoyo dieting/weight gain. Day in & day out, no excuses, no exceptions. Having built up an accurate data base of my regular foods, it only takes a few minutes a day. A healthy habit, just like brushing my teeth.

I've currently logged 1,766 day streak. Most days are accurate weighing & logging of meals at home. With an occasional meal out, guesstimated as accurately as possible. A couple of days a year are more loosly logged, ie my birthday or Christmas dinner. But it all gets noted & calories "guessed" through experience rather than weighing.

Through tracking "my data", I know just how many calories I burn, in day to day life. Calorie cycling, to balance out "higher days". No more on or off diet. Days when I can cut, to bank some calories or lose a few pounds. Or at maintainance, when I can't.

In my 50s, physically disabled and in a wheelchair. But managed to gradually lose 66lb and now have a healthy bmi (just). But more importantly, stopped the massive weight gains (42lb in 3 months), following previous losses. Where I had cut to low, had no energy and couldn't stay on track. "Blaming" ill health & lack of ability to exercise. Whereas I was setting impossible goals, causing me to crash. Knowing MY data, has transformed my life.
  • Nlesluv4u2
    Nlesluv4u2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to eat to be satisfied and not so full that I feel like I am over eating.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!