A Special 9/11 Thanks

Options
This website reaches so many people all over the world, so it's a great place to express my gratitude for each person who has given of their time, money, family member, friend, support, thoughts, and/or prayers for our country and freedom. As I mentioned in my blog, I happen to be one of the luckiest people I know in that I did not lose anyone, personally, in the 9/11 attacks, nor in the subsequent wars. I have very little family and most are older than I (even though I am 54), so no one has served in these wars.

But, I know that most people have close friends or families who have suffered great loss and/or sacrifice to keep us free. I do not limit my thanks to my fellow Americans, as I know that many of you from the UK and other countries supported the pursuit of freedom in many ways, including the lose of lives in war. I salute all of you.

There never was a more perfect time to thank everyone who risks their lives as police, firefighters, military, dispatchers, EMTs....whether it be here in NY, or anywhere else in the world, at any time. What brave, noble people we have been lucky to have to keep us all safe and to protect our many liberties.

The memories of 9/11 extend so far beyond what happened that morning ten years ago and I think that's a good thing for us to all remember!

Replies

• letha62
    Options
    We need a like button on here. :-)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post.
    I'm in the UK but I remember with foreboding the fear and distress watching the coverage on the day of 911 with total disbelief.
    I'm sure we were kept 'limited' on coverage as is the way sometimes, but what we did see was enough to rock our world let alone your own in the US.

Having grown up with the IRA active in London and the fear and sound (literally ran back to my mum at age 10 after the Hyde Park bomb went up - I was 2 streets away and going there to watch the parade) of bombs it is awful to be under the grips of terrorism.

My Thanks go to all people who have lost their lives or been involved in preventing terrorism. Often they go unknown.