Vegetarian with 100+ to lose! Can I do it?!

Options
Of course I can!!!

It would be awesome to make some fellow vegetarian weight loss buddies but friendly omnivores are totally awesome as well! I'm just starting my lifestyle change and I'm excited! Who's with me?!

Replies

• grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am vego too - I noticed since using this it is my cheese intake that can be dodgy and bring me over fat when I rarely even make calories. Feel free to add me if you like. I am in Kg and have lost 12 or so of those which I think is around 24pds - I probably have another 25kg to go at least - which would be about 50.

Cheers

Rob
  • justine5587
    justine5587 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a vegetarian too... I must admit I still eat fish (can't stop sushi... I could eat sushi all day long) , but no meat at all. It's actually more an ethic decision. When I stopped eating meet, about 8 months ago, I lost 6 pounds in 1-2 weeks, just by cutting these foods to my menu. Now I must say I find it hard to cut the fat from my diet, 'cause it doesn't contain much fat, except from eggs, cheese, milk or fish.

I'll add you as a friend if you want!!
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hah! yay! a united veggie front. I like it.
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the awesome responses! We're gonna do great!
  • anjukins
    Options
    are there any more vegetarians out there? maybe we could do a recipe swap or something!
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    I'm not a veggie- but we do a lot of veggie meals (probably 2-3x a week). And most lunches are veggie, and obviously breakfast. :)

So, I still have lots of veggie recipes to offer :D
  • AnAntInSpace
    Options
    Heyyyy I'm also veggie- I sent a friend request to a few of you :D<3
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer a strict vegetarian... but I was a vegan for 3 years and vegetarian for 9 years prior to that (12 years meat free!). In fact, the first 20 pounds or so I lost on my weight loss journey was when I was still vegetarian/vegan. While I sometimes eat fish and chicken, most of my meals are still vegetarian (and a big chunk are vegan), so I'd love to be a support to someone trying to lose weight on a vegetarian diet!

Feel free to friend request me :)

PS. I love to cook and lived in rural Indiana for part of the time I was vegan... so I definitely did a lot of veggie cookin' and have a stockpile of recipes to share!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Fellow vegan here. I love your attitude, yes you absolutely can do it! Look forward to seeing more posts from you, and will send you a friend request.:smile:
  • anjukins
    Options
    yay! i think we should all keep track of each other!! i love the idea of not having to explain my protein to people... also, can we post links here? I found this the other day and while i'm not vegan anymore (we eat happy chicken eggs and goat cheese at our house), it still made me really happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8TrchWeO0&amp;feature=player_embedded
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. . Feel free to add me if you like!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me...I'm a vegetarian and occasionally add recipes to my blog. :)
  • ehogan13
    ehogan13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Of course you can!!!
    So happy to see follow vegetarians and vegans, especially with similar weight loss goals! I would love to swap recipes - I tend to get into ruts eating the same food over and over again. It's always good to try new things - variety is definately the spice of life.
    Best wishes to everyone..
  • kentstrahlen
    kentstrahlen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another veggie here (eat eggs and cheese though). I'm doing a lot of bicycling but want to get in shape for a very mountainous event next year. Planning on losing about 10kg.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Im obviously vegan hence the name
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm vegetarian, with about 70lbs left to lose. Feel free to add me, kids.
  • mondeflottant
    mondeflottant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a vegetarian too ! And new on the forum :-)
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm more pescetarian (will eat fish occasionally) but transitioning my diet to a more vegan style. As a previous poster wrote, I find it is the dairy that is causing some issues both weight wise and sinus wise. Today is my first day posting to myfitnesspal so not sure how it all works, but would love to be in a veggie group. Once I figure out the blog system I can also post some recipes. I never create my own so I'll need to post where they come from, is that allowed or is that considered marketing?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    are there any more vegetarians out there? maybe we could do a recipe swap or something!

I started a thread a few days ago, if you want to jump in... :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/339694-vegetarian-food-thread?page=2#posts-4690672
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    yay! i think we should all keep track of each other!! i love the idea of not having to explain my protein to people... also, can we post links here? I found this the other day and while i'm not vegan anymore (we eat happy chicken eggs and goat cheese at our house), it still made me really happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8TrchWeO0&amp;feature=player_embedded

That song is adorable! I want to carry it around with me everywhere.
    I'm a veggie too! I eat mostly vegan but as a culinary student, I need to try what I am making to find success.
    feel free to add me.