Question On New Jeans

Options
OK, I've pretty much met my goal and have a quick question on new clothes.

I have not bought a new pair of jeans in a couple years, been living at the local thrift stores, knowing that whatever I buy won't fit in a few months, so why spend more than I have to, right?

Anyhow, here is my dilema...

I was wearing 42-44" waist jeans for a long time, now I can fit perfectly into 34" pre-washed jeans at my local store, but?

I need to know if they'll shrink any and whether I should buy one size larger or not?

These are just the cheap WalMart Faded Glory light pre-faded jeans.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks.

Replies

• arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    the best thing to do is check your tags... do they have any spandex in them? most jeans relax out a bit as you wear them ( alot of jean stores will tell u to by them a little snug as they can stretch as much as a half size) and dont usually shrink unless u wash them in hot water and throw them in the dryer.... i hang mine to dry and if they feel rough throw them in on air for a few minutes before wearing them.... jeans however do shrink about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in Length sometimes...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Go to Express or something and treat yourself to a nice pair of jeans that will last after a few washes. ;)
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Go to Express or something and treat yourself to a nice pair of jeans that will last after a few washes. ;)

Sorry man, $80 for a pair of jeans is out of my price range, I'm a cheap *kitten* ;)

And $37 for a single T-shirt? WTF?

I'll stick with the Wally World 2 for $17 Faded Glory brand, they are quite comfortable and actually really durable.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is a good question, but I think most jeans tend to shrink in the wash and then stretch right back out again after you wear them for a couple of hours. Maybe you can buy your size and find out if you can return them if they shrink in the wash.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    go to ross you can easily find jeans for 10bucks
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the 34's. When you wash them, line dry them, if they work, go buy another pair, if the seem to tighten, buy a bigger size. You will still be able to wear the 34's when you're feeling good, but will have the 36 if you need them. Ha!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    go to ross you can easily find jeans for 10bucks

Ross looks like a cool store. Unfortunately, there are none up here in Wisconsin.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    If they are 100% cotton they need to say prewashed or most likely shrink. I would suggest Nautica jeans @ Macy's. You can get a pair for $36 or even less if they have a good sale.
  • iSteakers
    Options
    I've been living off Old Navy jeans because they are nice and not too expensive (plus they are on sale a lot). I have never had an issue with them shrinking at all, but they do stretch some as I wear them vs right out of the dryer.

If you're worried about them shrinking you could always wash them and cold and then line dry them and they will not shrink then at all :)

congrats at reaching your goal and enjoy your new jeans!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Sorry man, $80 for a pair of jeans is out of my price range, I'm a cheap *kitten* ;)

And $37 for a single T-shirt? WTF?

I'll stick with the Wally World 2 for $17 Faded Glory brand, they are quite comfortable and actually really durable.

So Express might be on the pricey side. I'd suggest you try Gap or go to a store that carries Levis (or to an actual Levi store). I can tell you right now there IS a major difference in fit between 'cheap' (as in cheaply made) and 'slightly more expensive' jeans. I avoided jeans from Gap for a long time solely because the price ($50ish) but once I actually tried on a pair I noticed just how much more comfortable they were than buying some random fashionable Old Navy jeans (not bashing O.N., they're really good for things other than jeans) I realized I was missing out on real COMFORT. Not all expensive jeans are created equal, don't go to a store and browse the jeans price and think, "ok, these are $60 they must be good." Shop smart and actually TRY ON the jeans. Consider this, if you do spend a little more on the jeans than you're used to it might just be that you are investing in better quality jeans that last longer than 'Wally-World" variety.

Reason I make a big deal about the kind of jeans is because that can also greatly effect what size you wear and how badly they stretch or shrink. Do look at the fabric type used in the jeans and also LOOK at the washing instructions.

I can tell you from my experience shopping, I have tried on 'random dept. store brand' jeans and found they tend to run smaller and don't fit ME as well. Find what works for YOU.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!