NAFLD and Losing Weight

Options
ace17911
ace17911 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, Forgive me as this is a long introduction.

My name is Anthony and I've been using this app for the past 35 days and have lost 22 lbs. I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio on the Ring Fit 5 days a week and walking a hour a day. I have many health related issue like high cholesterol, hypertension, and Hypothyroidism, as well as PTSD which doesn't help my situation one bit and makes it even more difficult to stay motivated.I use to work as a sheriff but had to leave due to PTSD and ever since 2016, I've been on disability and it's been a constant struggle. Since then my diet has been horrible and all I did was sit around and not doing anything and just waiting to die. I found out in January that I'm close to getting Cirrorsis of the liver due to non alcoholic fatty liver and what to change that for my self and my beautiful daughter and finance so I can be around for them as long as possible and live a full life. My question is, are there any recommendations to excercises I should do for NAFLD to reverse the fatty cells on my liver? Send me a message if your going through the same and have NAFLD or have some recommendations.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I would start with what your doctor recommends food wise or maybe your doctor can prescribe you a dietician. My husband has nafld and what is helping him is losing the excess weight and exercise. So far, so good.
  • ace17911
    Options
    Hello L1zardQueen thanks for your reply! I'm in the process of seeing a liver doctor and they prescribed me Topamax to decrease appetite and I'm in the processing of planning to see a dietician. I hope that your husband and I can completely reverse this. I heard that it can be reversed, the ideal weight for my height is 185lbs so I have a long way to go. Holding in 5 months I can come down at least another 30 or so pounds. How long has your husband had NAFLD?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Maybe 10 years? But he has finally gotten serious.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Best thing is eating well and exercising! When I was a teenager I had fatty liver. I started eating better, exercising and lost weight. A few years later my scans were normal! Exercise has been the most helpful thing and my mental health. Im down 100lbs.
  • ace17911
    Options
    RunningWithBees good for you! Thanks for sharing and your wishes!! Amazing story and I hope I can achieve the same with my liver and overall health. I use to be skinny in highschool and was even in cross country and sports I'n my 20s. I just got a rough patch in the road in life and things got bad, but now I have to make a change for not only myself , but my family. My Alt is in the 150s and my ASTs 67 right now. I'm dieting and staying away from fatty foods and sugars . Slowly Im feeling better. I hope five months from now seeing a reduction in my fatty liver and continue on seeing a improvement moving forward. It's definetly a wake up call. I Thank God for my fiance and my kids because without them, it would be alot harder to fight this on a daily basis.
  • ace17911
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Well my blood work came in and after close to a month of working out my alt dropped to 107 about 50 point, and my ast dropped by 4 points. I'm glad to see a decrease and it seems that my lifestyle changes are showing! Gotta keep moving!
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Way to go!
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ace17911 wrote: »
    Well my blood work came in and after close to a month of working out my alt dropped to 107 about 50 point, and my ast dropped by 4 points. I'm glad to see a decrease and it seems that my lifestyle changes are showing! Gotta keep moving!

This. 2 yrs ago my alt was hovering near 100 & my ast was 72 .They are now 29 & 21. Lifestyle changes and healthier eating choices are key to that success. I never had liver pain;I had inflammation and was always itchy, especially my wrists,ankles and behind my knees. All gone now.The most distressing part was when the clinical assistant at the liver clinic misread an ultrasound and told me I had stage 4 liver cirrhosis 😱.I didn't. Never went back once it was confirmed I didn't have it .